Cards For Sale

Monday, February 2, 2009

2 Cards for 1 Sketch




Good Monday Morning Peeps!!! Hope you all had a great weekend! How about that Super Bowl? I was so disappointed that the Cardinals didn't win, but it was a really great game!!!

I made a couple of cards during the pre-game and game to show you today. Both of the cards was made with Jen's Sketch for you to Try..

When I print out a sketch, I always start thinking about what set I would like to use with it. My first thought was the flower from the SU Hostess set, Dream a Little. When I sit down to make it, I totally spaced that out. I pulled out the SU a Happy Heart Set and wanted to try to use the butterfly from it for the circles. I used some Washington Apple DS paper and riding hood red and bashful blue cardstock and altho I like this card the next is my fave.




This is the card I had first thought about when I saw the sketch. I stamped the flower from the SU Dream a Little Hostess set with black stazon on watercolor paper and used my markers and aquapainter to color the flowers. I used rose red and old olive. Every time I sit down to make a card recently I have been trying really hard to make a SU only card and I always fall short. I reach for my cuttlebug embossing folders or a non-SU punch. I am ordering those embossing plates from SU so that will help and my new decorative edge SU punch is on it's way to me now.

Well, that is all I have for you today, Thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

10 comments:

Jackie said...

Beautiful cards Vicki and love the sketch! awesome work...tfs!!!

Dragana Skoro said...

Both cards are so beautiful. I love the colours.

Sharon said...

Oooo, I really like the second one. The flowers/flower just appeal to me more than the squares in the DP of the first.

CREATE=FUN said...

both are really great cards, love them both. great job.

linnes said...

The cards are really great, love the one with the flowers!

sumbine said...

Great cards, i like the bright colors.

Jaspere said...

These are beautiful. what a great sketch too.

Dawn Easton said...

Both cards are fabulous Vicki!!! I thought of that butterfly too...hehe!
I try to make a SU! only card at least a few times a week but quite often something Non-SU sneaks it's way onto my card.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!! Of course you can CASE that Inspired by Nature card...I'd be honoured!

carol h said...

I love these two cards, especially the one with the flowers. They are so bright and springy!!!! Beautiful.

jen del muro (iheart2stamp.com) said...

these are so cute! i love 'em!!