Cards For Sale

Friday, January 23, 2009

You Made my Day




TGIF Peeps! Are you ready for the weekend! I am super excited, I have stamp camp tonight with my fabulous SU demo and her awesome group. She has a sneak peek on her BLOG of the fun projects we will be making!

On today's card I was greatly inspired by the one seen in this post on Jan Tink's Blog. I changed up a few things from her original design. I used the top note die and I used different colors. The placement of my ribbon and brads are different and I also cut out and layered up the blue flowers and added a half pearl to the center. I also added some leaves in always artichoke.

I do have to tell you how I struggled getting those solid flowers to stamp out nicely, well just the riding hood red one. I swear I cut and used at least 6 top note pieces, front and back. I was so frustrated, I almost chucked the whole thing!

Anyway I finally finished it.....but by this point I am not loving it! The base is riding hood red, followed with a piece of so saffron and then some Washington Apple DS paper. The main image is up on dimensionals. The sentiment is from the SU set "Stem Sayings."

That is all for today, THANKS so much for stopping by and Happy Stamping!!!

Vicki

11 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

Beautifully done, Vicky!

Jaspere said...

Beautiful!! and I am not surprised. It looks like you'll be making some great projects.

Beth said...

Love the bright and cheerful colours, and I like how the flowers go off the edge!!! Great card vicki TFS :)

Sara said...

Great cards

Jacquel said...

This is really cute! have a great time @ your demo's house!!

Anonymous said...

The ribbon and brads really make it pop.

Have fun stamping tonight!

Dragana Skoro said...

It's a lovely card.

Cheryl Hirzel said...

I like how you've used the topnote as a pallete with the flowers on it. I ususally only think single image...so thanks for the inspiration!

Covered In Crafts said...

Those colors are making me want spring really bad! :)

Veronica Z said...

Oh my goodness this card is beautiful! I love the way you stamped the flowers on the top-note die. Great work!

Brenda said...

Great color scheme! And I love that top notch die, too.