Cards For Sale

Monday, December 29, 2008

Elvis in the House



Good Monday Morning Peeps! Hope you all had a fab weekend!

Yesterday I took a drive to a friends house to borrow some of her awesome Elvis Stamps!!! She has a whole basket full and didn't hesitate a second about letting me borrow the King!

My very good friend Becky, is a huge Elvis fan and her birthday is on the 10th, so I wanted to make her a Elvis Birthday card and a set of Elvis Note Cards. The first card is made with
Jen's Sketch. The card is 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" square.

Lois, my friend who loaned me the stamps, had made this fabulous black and white Elvis card and so when I got home I got out the black and white to make mine. I like hers better and plan on CASEing it, before I return her stamps. I must get me some of the Elvis stamps, the are so much fun!

The next idea I had in mind was to make a set of note cards as part of the gift. I dug into my scrap box to find some pieces of colored cardstock. I chose some so saffron, almost amethyst, cool Caribbean and pink passion, cut some 2 3/4 x 3" squares and stamped on Elvis with black stazon ink, three on each color of card stock. I layered them up with some black, and made these simple note cards.



Made a total of 12 note cards, 3 of each color, the are sized 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" also. I didn't add any sentiments, so she could use them for whatever she likes. I also found an Elvis Beanie Baby to go along with the Elvis cards! Hope she likes them!

Well, that's all for today, Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Stamping!!

Vicki

6 comments:

Sharon said...

These "rock"!! :-)

*Sally* said...

Totally cool cards, and coming from someone who lives on one, I do have to agree that these do 'Rock!' lol.

Sally xxx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cards! They totally rock!!

Jacquel said...

These came out great Vicki! Love the design on these...wonderful work!!!

Veronica Z said...

Your Elvis cards totally rock! hehe. I love the layout and the really great Elvis images. Awesome job!

Jaspere said...

Awesome cards! Loving Elvis.