Hello guys!
Toda I am shring cad I made using the sketch challenge
this week at The Paper Players
I am using a new Online Exclusive
Stitched Season is a pretty Suite of products.
I had fun with the different patterns in the DSP to patch together my stocking.
I laid out several squares of the DSP, that was die cut with a die in the Suite, onto a piece of Basic White cardstock, the cut out with one of the stocking dies.
I used Peaceful Pine cardstock for the base of the card, I followed with a piece of SP from the A Stitched Season pack.
The white panel is embossed with one of the folders in the new Seasonal Cheer Mini pack.This is a pack of three folders, one Fall, one Halloween and one Christmas,
I added another piece of DSP across the bottom.
I used a sentiment from the set and added three button embellishments.
I had a few challenges with my card when making, first I glued the front on upside down, meaning the fold to open it was at the bottom not the top, second, I had a issue with my DSP after having it all together and ended up "patching" in another piece and finally I had trouble deciding where
to put my button embellishments, which lead to another DSP "patch" job.
This is what happens when trying to hurry to finish before I left on vacation. 😐😐
So, I guess you could call this my patchwork card,
Thanks for stopping by toy.
Vicki




3 comments:
Such a pretty & colorful card, Vicki! I would have never known about the patch ups as it looks perfect to me! Love the quilted look of your stocking & the embossing under the stocking! Great card, as always! Enjoy your vacation! :)
The patchwork stocking is a lovely focal point. I like the use of texture, from both the embossing and the plaid paper as it adds warmth and charm. Buttons as embellishments fits the rustic vibe. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Players.
I got this bundle and am still trying to figure out how everything works together! So many little pieces! Your patchwork looks cute, especially with the stocking embellishments! Thanks for using our sketch this week at the Paper Players!
Post a Comment