Cards For Sale

Friday, September 18, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches.....Happy, Happy Halloween


Happy Friday Peeps!!

Today I am sharing a card I made using the sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches.


I always love their sketches and this one is no exception.

Ya'll know I love  Halloween  and that I love making Halloween cards, altho I have tried to cut back a bit on them cos they are not big sellers.

But I could not help myself with this one, I am crazy about this stamp set, it is the Stampin Up Haunt Ya Later set and the images are just too cute. I love this little witch,

I stamped her onto some Naturals Vanilla card stock with Black Memento ink and colored her with my copic markers,

I started out making my witch a blonde but quickly changed it up to a brunette when coloring cos I thought the blonde was not showing as well.
I fussy cut her out and then set her aside to make the rest of the card.


The base of my card is Basic Black card stock and then a layer of Old Olive that is embossed with the Chevron EF. 
This piece I found in my stash when looking for my Old Olive piece so I just went with it.

The piece of DSP is from the Happy Hauntings paper pack, I love the bats on this piece. 

The sentiment is stamped with more Black Memento ink and comes from the Sweet Hauntings set, I masked off the surrounding edges to just use the sentiment.

I added a strip of the new Black Glimmer paper across the bottom of the vanilla panel.
The little witch is added to the panel with dimensionals.
The panel is then added to the base with more dimensionals, I am telling you dimensionals are your best friend in card making!!!

I am happy with this card, I think that little witch with the frog is adorable!!

Thanks for stopping by today!!!

Vicki




3 comments:

Wendy said...

This card is adorable, Vicki! Love your coloring of the little witch and the design! I did not realize on the Happy Hauntings DSP that they were little bats on the print until I just read this! I learned something new today! LOL Sorry i've been in a bit of a fog lately! Wish you were here! Thanks for sharing your cute Halloween card! Happy Friday, my friend!

Amy O said...

This little witch is really cute (even though she's holding a frog). I love how you've used a green and black color scheme for a Halloween card -- it works perfectly with this image. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

Oh Vicki, I can always count on you to light up the gallery with something fabulous! Love this little image and she is colored perfectly! Glad to see you this week at FMS!