Cards For Sale

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Crazy 4 Cahllenges......hello


Happy Saturday Peeps!!!!

Time for another new challenge at Crazy 4 Challenges

Here is the fun challenge we have for you this week:


Labor Day is here!  
Time to say goodbye to Summer, be it one last BBQ, dive in the pool, a parade or picnic.  How will you celebrate? 
 Show me on a card.


Not sure my card is exactly "how I will celebrate" since I will be working this Labor Day weekend, but it is an end of summer type card.

I think Sunflowers are the perfect end of Summer flower, this the time of the year that you see so many of them around here, even after the long hot days of July and August they keep blooming, the hotter the better seems to work for them, since September can and is mostly still very warm here.

So anyway I decide to make some Sunflowers for my card.

I pulled out the Stampin Up Beautiful Bunch stamp set and stamped tis flower image 4 times onto some thick white card stock. I then colored suing my aqua painter and ink pads. I used Daffodil Delight and Crushed Curry inks.
I fussy cut out the flowers and layered them together 

To make the centers of my "sunflowers" I used some retired Early Espresso cardstock, this is the one that was in the catalog awhile back that was sandable. I still had a bunch and thought it would be cute for the flower centers. I used my 1-3/8 inch circle punch and then ran the circle through my Big shot using the decorative dots EF

The leaves are from the Birthday Blossoms stamp set.
I stamped them onto white card stock and colored with Old Olive,



I used Crumb Cake for the base and stamped lightly with Crumb Cake ink using the 
Hardwood BG.

I added another strip of the sandable Early Espresso cards tock that was embossed with the Woodgrain EF and sanded.
I then used a small piece of glimmer paper and the little hello sentiment to finish it up.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Vicki



5 comments:

Lynn Put said...

This is gorgeous, Vicki! I love the dimension in your pretty sunflowers.

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Vicki, I love how you used this stamp set and made sunflowers! I love sunflowers, and what a great layout with a country/vintage feel! Stunning card, my friend! Hope you have a great Labor Day weekend! If you want more summer, come down to Florida! Hugs!

Peggy said...

Beautiful going into fall card! Love the flowers!

Wendy said...

Beautiful card! Just adore your sunflowers and the hardwood background! Just perfect! :)

Cindy Groh said...

Brilliant!