Cards For Sale

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Sending Love and Sympathy


Happy New Year's Day Peeps!!

Today I am sharing a card I made recently for a friend who had a death in the family.

Making these kind of cards are never fun and I always wish when I sit down to make one that I had several made up in reserve. I need to try and do more duplicates when making cards so I have them when needed.

I am kinda hooked on this color combo, Real Red and Crumb Cake. I decide to go simple with this one. I pulled out my Stampin Up set called Love and Sympathy and got with it.

I colored the flower image using my markers, Real red and Crumb Cake and then stamped onto Confetti Cream card stock. I stamped the sentiment using Crumb Cake ink.


The base of the card is Crumb Cake and then another layer of the same that I embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper EF. 

The main image is matted with Real Red card stock. I added a strip of DSP from the Flashback paper pack. I used some Real Red 3/8" Satin Ribbon around the middle and tied a pretty bow.
I added this piece to the base using some dimensionals.

Well, that is all for today, thanks for stopping by!

Vicki


2 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beatiful card. I know it is not easy making they type of card but your pulled it off.
Happy New Year.

Wendy said...

So pretty! Love the red & Crumb Cake together!