Cards For Sale

Monday, November 10, 2014

A Christmas House for the Paper Players


Happy Monday peeps!!!

So sorry for being so quite lately, things always get hectic this time of the year.

I had the day off and wanted to play with some new dies I got a few weeks back. I was anxious to pull out this fun house die!

I took a look at the challenge at The Paper Players and knew it would be great for using my new die.


A great color challenge for my Holiday House.

I die cut the house, actually two of them  using Cherry Cobbler card stock, the roof is Crumb Cake, the doors and windows are Mossy Meadow with Very Vanilla inserts, The window boxes are more Crumb cake and the flowers are Cherry cobbler. I embossed the front and back of the house using the woodgrain EF. I ran the roof pieces through my crimper and then glued them to the house, front and back.


The trees on the front are stamped using Mossy Meadow and are from the Holiday Home stamp set.
I cut them out and added them to the front using some dimensionals. 

I die cut the icicles and tucked them under the roof. I then hand cut my snow and added it across the front. I added some red rhinestones to the trees and used some star dust stickles on the icicles and snow.

The chimney is not part of the house die but I thought it needed one so I cut a small strip and added the mortar lines with my white gel pen. 
I made a box to add my house front and back to. I filled a cello bag with some mini snickers and tied it up with a cherry cobbler bow and then added snow flake to the center of the bow.


This makes a nice size box, it could hold some homemade goodies. I may make up a few more just for that purpose. 

Hope you like, it was so much fun to put together, I had a Haunted Halloween house in mind when I got the die, just didn't get around to making that, maybe next year. 






6 comments:

Angie said...

Can I just say, this house is amazing!!!! Love this cute little house you've created, Vicki!

stampwithsandy said...

Amazing is right! Wow, I love this Vicki! So much wonderful detail, it's a gift all by itself! Thanks so much for playing along with my color challenge this week at The Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

What a super-cute creation! Your details are amazing, but you always do wonderful work! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

Yapha Mason said...

Your house is fabulous!! The chimney is perfect. I love those icicles, too. Great use of the colors. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players.

Claire Broadwater said...

Vicki, this is so wonderful! I love everything about it!
SO creative and love the use of the colors! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What an adorable little house - the recipient will be very lucky to receive this! I love all the tiny details - just gorgeous and a great use of this week's colours. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!