Cards For Sale

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Color Challenge.......Hello, You


Happy Wednesday Peeps!!

Today I am sharing a card i made using the color challenge this week on SplitcoastStampers.


Basic Gray, Pumpkin Pie, and Primrose Petals. Such a pretty color combo. I pulled out my single Stampin Up stamp called "People Like You". I love to color this fun flower stamp.
I used my aqua brush and Pumpkin pie and Primrose petals to color the flowers.
I also used a bit of crushed curry in the middle of the flowers and some pear pizzazz on the stems.


I used some rustic cream card stock for my base and also for the image. I stamped with black stazon to water color.
I decided to use a different sentiment than the one on the stamp so I pulled out my "Regarding Dahlias" stamp set for this sentiment. I then used the Decorative Label Punch to punch out the sentiment and then two other punches with Pumpkin Pie card stock and matted the back. I then used some dimensionals to add the sentiment.
The main image is matted with Basic Gray and Pumpkin Pie card stock. I then mounted this piece with some dimensionals to the base at an angle. I finished it up with a few sticky back gold pearls in the corner and under the sentiment.
I wanted to keep it fairly simple for easy mailing.
Thanks for stopping by today!!

Vicki    



3 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

Wow! Gorgeous coloring!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki, you have really used these very challenging colors beautifully! I LOVE your card! Such a great layout and wonderful coloring of this beautiful floral image! Fabulous, sweet and talented friend! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Your coloring is beautiful! Your use of the colors for this challenge is the best I've seen so far.