Cards For Sale

Monday, March 4, 2013

Merry Mondays.......Merry Christmas


Merry Monday Peeps!!

So happy to be back with a card for the Merry Monday Challenges, I took a couple of weeks off cos I was feeling a bit overwhelmed. Things are still hectic but I am trying to make more time for crafting, I do miss it when I don't get to make a card for several days.

This week Lesley at Always playing with Paper has a great color challenge for us:


I reached for one of my favorite sets, Stampin Up's "Beautiful Season". You can just never go wrong with this set in my opinion, it is a must have and a never get rid of set.
I stamped the bird and holly image onto some confetti cream card stock with black stazon and colored with my aqua painter and ink pads.


The base if the card is the same confetti card stock and then the next layer is cherry cobbler and then the DSP is from a retired pack. I added an embossed flag piece with the always artichoke 
The main image is cut out and matted using my circle and scallop circle nesties. I added it to the base with dimensionals. I then made a triple bow with some cherry cobbler seam binding ribbon and added a antique brad to the middle. The sentiment is from the "Open Sleigh" stamp set.

The rest of the Merry Makers have some awesome samples for your inspiration:



I hope you can find some time to play along with us, 

Thanks for stopping by today and 
HAPPY STAMPING!!

Vicki


12 comments:

Ariane said...

This card is beautiful!!!

Lesley said...

Beautiful card and colouring Vicki, I love that bird and you always show him off beautifully. Great to see you back my friend, you have been in my thoughts.

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty card, this image is lovely and your bow is fabulous.

Marisa said...

You always rock that image, Vicki! Gorgeous colouring and use of the colours.

Barbara Axmacher said...

Just beautiful. Your coloring skills are wonderful. I love to see what you've created.

LeAnne said...

Just gorgeous! Your little chickadee is a holiday favorite of mine!

Bonnie said...

It's good to see you back, Vicki. You were missed. I hope things will calm down for you.

You're right about this stamp set. It's been a favorite of mine since it came out. I love how you've laid it out and used the colors! Into my CASE file. Take care.

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, this is BEAUTIFUL! Love the image and it's coloured wonderfully!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card, Vicki! This stamp set is perfect for this week's color challenge and I love how you colored this! Pretty papers and I adore your beautiful bow!
It's good to see you back to making cards again! Hugs~

Shelley said...

Welcome back. You gotta take time to recharge, right? I have been doing a bit of the same.

A beautiful card...you can never go wrong with birds, they are my favorite. These are just lovely!

Narelle Farrugia said...

So beautiful! This is such a pretty image (one that I still haven't got myself) but I really do love it! Love the triple bow!

Susan Joyce said...

Beautiful card Vicky, love all your design elements. I might have to case your card I have hardly used this stamp set nearly used it this week.