Cards For Sale

Friday, May 11, 2012

Another Goodbye......


Happy Friday Peeps!!

Today I am sharing another goodbye. This time my goodbye tribute is dedicated to Poppy Parade.
This is an amazing red. Super for water coloring as the red stays red when using it with water, unlike some of the other reds, even real red turns pink when you add water, but not good ol Poppy Parade.

I used the same set as yesterday, Stampin Up "Simply Soft". I colored the flower using Poppy and Daffodil Delight. I added some Old Olive for the leaves and Crumb Cake to outline a bit.


I didn't have any of the Poppy Parade ribbon left so I made some. I colored some very vanilla seam binding with my Poppy ink pad. I then tied and double bow and added an antique brad. Love the way it turned out, it is a bit darker than the card stock, but it blends nicely!!
I also colored some basic pearls with a permanent marker. 
the base of the card is Confetti White and then a layer of Poppy Parade and then another layer of Confetti that I embossed using the vintage Wall EF.
I used the Labels Collection Framelits for the main image piece and also for the poppy parade embossed piece behind the main image.
The sentiment comes from the "Something to Celebrate" stamp set that is retired.
I will miss Poppy Parade, but I am sure she will be happy on the beach along side Concord Crush and she may make an appearance from time to time, you just never know.

Thanks for stopping by today and 
HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki



7 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous Vicki! LOL you know I don't even know if I've ever cut into a sheet of Poppy Parade! Guess I'll have some to use in the future! yeah! I'm sort of a hoarder when it comes to retired stuff anyway. Have a hard time letting go ;)

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, Miss Vicki!! Love your pretty flowers and the color! Your big fancy bow finishes off your pretty card perfectly! Love it! :)

Marisa said...

Lovely card, Vicki! Great use of the EF and the bow is a lovely touch.

Unknown said...

Beautiful and Stunning card! TFS =)

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful Vicki!

Julie said...

Poppy Parade is my all-time favorite red. I am very sad about this color leaving...so I bought 3 packages of the paper...that way I won't have to feel like I need to hoard it and never use it until the last package, right? Thanks for sharing your card; your work is always a favorite of mine.

Lynda said...

Great card again Vicki. May have to take you to task re Poppy staying RED during watercolouring....I find it stays a little red...but nowhere near that Poppy POP!! May have to layer up a bit more. Love the framelits.