Cards For Sale

Saturday, March 24, 2012

OCC....Spring Break Challenge


Happy Saturday Peeps, It is time for another new challenge on Our Creative Corner.
This week Anita Houston has a fun "Spring Break" Challenge for us:
Spring has sprung yet again!
 It's time to take that annual well deserved vacation. 
Where would your postcard come from? 
Make whatever you like and show us your "spring break vacation destination". 
Remember to include the name of your destination somewhere on your project.

I didn't have any stamps I thought would work for this until I went rummaging around into some of my non SU stamps and came across this Eiffel Tower stamp and it had "Paris" on it so it was perfect for this.
Altho I will probably will never go to Paris, cos I can't even bring myself to get on an airplane, in a "perfect"  world I would have already been there. :)
I decided to make a vintage tag, keep it simple.
I did use a few Stampin Up stamps, the BG uses French Foliage, Creative Elements and Elementary Elegance.
I stamped and sponged with Crumb Cake ink.
 I sponged in a splash of color using some Baja Breeze.
The Eiffel Tower element was stamped onto a scrap and cut out and added to the tag with some dimesionals.


I stamped the birds from the Elementary Elegance stamp set with Soft Suede ink and added just a hint of blushing bride by stamping a couple of flowers from the Creative Elements stamp set, can you see them?
The sentiment is from the same set and is stamped onto a scrap piece of confetti cream with soft suede ink.
I added a bit of baja ruffled ribbon under the sentiment flag. The bow at the top is made with baja breeze seam binding ribbon and I used an antique brad in the center.
I distressed the edges of the tag with my distressing tool.

Be sure to check the Our Creative Corner Blog 
to see what the rest of the design team came up with for this fun challenge. 
I hope you can find some time to play along and if you do, don't forget to link it up over on the Our Creative Corner Blog so we can all see it!

Thanks for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

16 comments:

Tui Nathan said...

Loving your vintage styling Vicki ... I think this is just great, the pops of blue, the layered stamping and vintage brad ... perfection!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki this is goegeous! Love the scrappy/shabby chic/vintage feel you created! Fabulous!

Sharon Wheet said...

Vicki, I just love how you created your tag. all the different stamping to create a beautiful background! Love it! And I really like how you added the little bit of stitched ribbon behind your sentiment banner.
Have a great weekend!
hugs, sharon w.

Carla S. said...

Beautiful tag, Vicki! I love the colors and aged look! That's a great Paris stamp you used!

Meihsia Liu said...

Hi, Vicki, this is such a gorgeous vintage tag. The background you created is fabulous! Love all the elements on it.

Marisa said...

Wonderfully done. Love the ruffled ribbon under the hello.

Marian Garcia, Studio M said...

This came out beautiful Vicki! Love the Baja Breeze.

xo, Marian

MarcyK924 said...

Vintage goodness, Vicki! I love how you chose to use a tag! Simply gorgeous! Hugs, Marcy XO

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

So many amazing qualities here...the torn edges...amazing, the ruffled ribbon under the sentiment...amazing, the splotches of inky water on the bacground...amazing, and the image all cut and colored so well...amazing!!!! Love that bow too! Gorgeous work Vick

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Vicki
Your Tag is visually faultless, your form and composition perfect, and I will concur with everyone else that your Bg is delightful. Your Blue accent gives it the Wow.
A Gorgeous Tag.
Smiles:)

Lynda said...

A pop of blush pink with Paris....how fitting and how chic!!!! Devine tag Vicki. Love the vintage feel and the wee elements all together that make it SUPERB!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW!!! That is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! I LOVE the soft elegance of this!!!

Holly Barrett said...

Hi Vicki! I really like the touches of blue mixed in with the pink, cream and brown. One day we'll get to Paris, right?

Linda Callahan said...

It's all about that splash of blue - love it!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

I LOVE this Vicki, but I never would have picked it as yours out of a line up - LOL. Love the way you have blended the ink colors on the tag, the color palette is so pleasing to my eye. Super distressed edges and just an all-round cool piece of work. The way you tucked the pleated ribbon under the sentiment is awesome too. Super work on this week's spring break challenge.

Hope you are feeling better and that you are having a fun weekend.

Hugs,
Linda

anna christensen crafts said...

Hi Vicki, I think this is very very beautiful xx