Cards For Sale

Sunday, March 18, 2012

411 Sketch x 2


Good Sunday Morning Peeps!!
Today I am sharing a couple of cards I made using the sketch this week on the Stamping 411 Blog.
Of course my card is not exactly like the sketch:
But you can see the basics of the sketch on my cards.
The first one uses Concord Crush and Wisteria Wonder card stock along with Whisper White.
I used the Stampin Up "Mixed Bunch" stamp set


This one I used Melon Mambo and Pretty in Pink card stock along with the Whisper White. 
I stamped and embossed the BG pieces and added to the bases. The flowers are stamped with the two colors respectively and I used the Blossom punch to punch them out. The centers are punched with my 1 inch and 1-1/4 inch circle punches. 
I added a silver brad to the flower centers, and also to the top corners and to represent the element in the bottom corner of the sketch.
The sentiment on the Concord Crush card is from the "Curly Cute" stamp set and the pink sentiment is from the "Occasional Quotes" stamp set.
I used the Build a Blossom punch for the leaves.
Can you believe NO ribbon? I know not my normal, but I like how these cards turned out, simple but oh so pretty IRL. The colors are so rich!
Well, that is it from me for today, thanks for stopping by and 
HAPPY STAMPING!!
Vicki

7 comments:

Tammy Fite said...

Beautiful!!! I love ribbon, too, but these cards don't need it!! Great job!

Selene Kempton said...

Perfect use of the sketch. I like using them as a jumping off point. I LOVE what you did with the sketch. Course, I just love your work in general! Great use of color, design and layout. I like the embossed panel that you stamped first. it adds a great texture to the card. Thanks for playing along Vicki. I'm a big fan!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

These are so sweet. Love the homemade dsp....casing this for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Patti Chesky said...

I love both of your cards, but the textured leaves just make me smile!! Thanks for playing along with the Stamping 411.

gbarron56 said...

I love both versions! Such a great way to use this week's sketch. Thanks for playing along at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

Terstamper said...

Very pretty cards. I love the DSP you made with the stamps and then embossed them.

Ter ;)

Anne said...

Thanks for sharing this beautiful card! I made one this morning, but in my excitement I forgot to use the embossing folder on the white. Oops! It is still pretty, however, and I am just happy that I was able to make a card that I won't be embarrassed to give to someone! Thanks again!