Cards For Sale

Monday, February 27, 2012

Unscripted Sketch Challenge


Happy Monday Peeps!!!
Today I am sharing a card I made using the sketch challenge on the Unscripted Sketches Blog.
I was inspired by a card I first saw on Pintrest , which lead me to HERE. I wanted to make that cute little flower and using my Stampin UP supplies.

Can you guess what stamp I used for the flower petal? I used one of the stamps from the Up, Up & Away  stamp set. The hot air balloon stamp is a bit large for the petal but it works and still looks cute I think!
I stamped three "petals" onto some whisper white card stock with cherry cobbler ink and cut them out. I used a button from the brights collection for the flower center. I drew a curve onto the piece of basic gray card stock and stitched in the stem with some white embroidery floss and a needle

The base of the card is white and them I used basic gray and some DSP from the Twitterpatted paper pack.



I used soem cherry cobbler seam binding across the bottom portion, scrunching it up a bit. I added an antique brad under the sentiment panel.
The sentiment comes from the Curly Cute stamp set and was stamped onto the white confetti card stock with black stazon.  I roughed up the edges of the sentiment flag with the edge of my scissors and cut a v in the end, curled it a bit and tucked it under the edge of the ribbon.
I added a brad to the top corners.
Thanks for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

9 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a fun and creative way to create a flower!! Love your colors, patterns and details!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh I love your big blooms! FUN!

Karen Motz said...

You're brilliant using the balloon for petals!! It's gorgeous!!

Marisa said...

Loving that flowers! Very creative petal image!!

ArtisticInkspirations said...

OMG!! How brilliant ,and CUTE!! good job Vicki!!!

Geri said...

So very clever & pretty! I love the colors you have used. The ruffled ribbon and the popped up petals really add dimenstion to the card. Thanks so much for choosing to share your card with us this week at Unscripted Sketches :)

Wendy said...

Love this! Your flowers & papers are so pretty! Beautifully done, my friend! :)

dstandard said...

Great stamping and love the texture! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches this week!

Linda Beeson said...

What a neat flower, I sure like how you used the Unscripted sketch.