Cards For Sale

Saturday, July 2, 2011

OCC....Seasonal Celebration


Good Saturday Morning Peeps!

It is time for another new challenge over on the Our Creative Corner Blog.

Our challenge hostess this week is the fabulous Sarah Gough and she has Seasonal Celebration challenge for us: Create a card that celebrates the 4th of July or Christmas in July.

I choose to make a 4th of July card. I started the card with a base of Night of Navy card stock. I then followed that with some Crumb cake cardstock that I embossed with the square lattice EF. The main layer is made up of some crumb cake card stock that I sponged some stripes of Cherry Cobbler ink on to.

I then used an old retired Stampin Up set that I think is called "Thankful Thoughts" I am not sure as my set does not have a name on it. I stamped the silhouette stamp with black stazon onto the striped piece. I stamped the "flag" from the same image onto some scrap crumb cake first coloring it with my night of navy and cherry cobbler marker. I then cut it out and added it to the main piece with a dimesionals.



I added some stars at the top that I embossed with the square lattice EF. I used some antique mini brads in the centers of the stars. I then used some cherry cobbler bakers twine to wrap around the bottom and added another star and tied a knot. The sentiment on here says "God Bless America, Land that I Love."

Be sure to check the Our Creative Corner Blog to see what the rest of the design team came up with for this fun  challenge. I hope you can find some time to play along and if you do don't forget to link it up over on the Our Creative Corner Blog so we can all see it!

Thanks for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

6 comments:

Cathy said...

LOVE this card - the best patriotic card I've seen yet! So glad I found your blog - our styles are very similar, and I can always use some inspiration!

Sharon Wheet said...

I love your patriotic card! It looks GREAT! TFS

SueB said...

love your card. I'm really drawn to silhouette images lately, and I checked on splitcoast stampers - it was from the 2003 mini catty. thanx for the inspiration!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is a totally terrific patriotic card. What a fantastic silhouette stamp set! I love the way you colored the flag - it really makes it pop! The baker's twine is a perfect embellishment for your fab card!

Happy 4th of July to you!

Linda

LeAnne said...

Adorable. I could kick myself for not getting this set when it was in the mini long, long ago!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

This is very sweet and patriotic! I love the children with the instruments :)