Cards For Sale

Saturday, May 7, 2011

OCC....Paper Weaving




Good Morning Peeps!! It is Saturday and that means it is time for another new challenge at Our Creative Corner.



This week our challenge hostess is the fabulous Jen Rzasa from Our Change of Art. Jen has challenged us this week to do some paper weaving on our card or project. I weaved a lattice trellis for my flowers on my card. I started with a base of white card stock and then added some marina mist and then the weaved piece. I made this piece by first cutting out the center with a Nestiablities Die, Label 4. I then ran it through the big shot with my dot folder. I then turned it over and added some double stick tape around the opening. I cut several small strips to weave and used my grid paper to line it up, that part is a bit fussy, getting the strips woven AND lined up. I added a piece of Marina Mist DS paper behind the weaved section.

I used a couple of flowers from the new Flower Fest stamp set from Stampin' Up. I stamped with black stazon onto water colored paper and used poppy parade ink to color in. I used pear pizzazz for the leaves and added some yellow brads to the center of the small ones. 


The sentiment comes from the Something to Celebrate stamp set and I stamped with black stazon and matted with more Marina Mist. I curled and cut the end to make the flag.
I added some basic pearls to the corners and called it done.



I hope you’ll play along this week and have fun with this challenge! Be sure to check out the rest of the OCC design team creations! To play along, upload your creation to your blog or gallery, then leave a comment linking to your project over at Our Creative Corner so we can check it out. If you upload to SCS, remember to use keyword: OCCC.

Well, that is all from me for now, Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

10 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my gosh! LOVE your lattice! Fabulous idea, Vicki!!!

Sharon Wheet said...

I LOVE how your lattice turned out! Its beautiful! Just like your whole card! TFS

Jennifer Rzasa said...

This is so clever...I love how your trellis turned out! A beautiful and fun card. Hope you have an awesome weekend!

Wendy said...

Sooooooo purdy!! Love your lattice and your flowers! Awesome job! :)
Happy Saturday, friend!

Wendy J. said...

I love that there are so many different displays of how to use weave in a project! This is wonderful, Vicki! I love the idea and such a cute card! Great job. Have a wonderful mother's day!

carol h said...

Wow, Vicki.....this is just beautiful!!!!!! Looks like that might have taken quite some time to make....you did a fabulous job.

Beautiful, my friend..

Sarah Gough said...

lovely Vicki - I love the trellis effect!

Kathy said...

This card is beautiful -My goodness -you are truly an artisian. I would love to see a video of making of this crd and how you lined up and weaved the paper.

Rebecca Ednie said...

I love your woven lattice. It works perfectly on your card! Beautiful!

Rhonda Langley said...

Very pretty! I really must try one of these!