Cards For Sale

Sunday, October 17, 2010

SSSC89.....Happy Halloween




GOOD SUNDAY MORNING PEEPS!!! It's my favorite time of the week, time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Sample

This is the fabulous sketch Karen has for us this week:





I started out with the best of intentions with this sketch, but do you know how when you have an idea in your head and then........well this card was that way. I knew I wanted to use this little witch from the Fang-tastic set and have her riding her broom, and I knew I wanted to use these fun little bats from some trim I got when I was in Kansas City last week. When I was putting it all together, my little witch just didn't look right on the rectangle element in the sketch, so I changed it to a circle. To look like the moon, but then I couldn't come up with anything for the scallop piece that should be on the edge of the rectangle, so that is where I decided it was ok to just have my card vary a bit. The bones of the sketch are still there huh?

The base of my card is basic black and the DS paper I used is some really old Stampin Up Halloween paper I had in my stash. I don't even know the name of it but I like it and when I saw it I thought I had to use it. The witch is stamped with black stazon onto some shimmer paper and colored in with my aqua painter and some ink from the ink pads. I cut it out and the broom too wand mounted it over the "moon" with some dimensionals. I used the spider web embossing folder on the black strip and I added a bit of old olive trim. The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and punched out with the word window punch. The bats are puffy little black by the yard trim, I just cut them apart and glued them on.

I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.

OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:

Karen-the Sweetest Thing

Jen-JenTapler Designs on vacation this week!

Karen-Paper Playhouse

Laura-Scrapnextras

Lynn-The Queen's Scene

Sarah-Jane-Janeybell

Joanne Basile-just a little something....


Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

11 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

It's darling and fabulous Vicki! But I know where you're coming from. Sometimes I wouldn't know a card was made from the same sketch as mine, because I'm kind of a stickler for sketches and I have a hard time bending them. Your little witch doesn't need as scalloped thing...she's fabulous on the moon!

Dawn Easton said...

Eeek! This is so freakin' adorable Vicki!!

Karen Motz said...

I'm SO glad someone else deviated from the sketch! LOL!!! This is totally ADORABLE!!!!!!

Pam Speidel said...

Super CUTE sketch card Vicki! I can see the primary sketch elements and don't think you totally strayed. ;)

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is just adorable!!!

Wendy J. said...

Oh, this is so cute, Vicki!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

SOOOOOO cute!!! Love the image and those bats.. well you've made bats look CUTE!!!

xx Sarah

Created By You said...

Love your card Vicki! Very pretty!

Lynn Put said...

Oh cute, cute, cute!!! I love how you have this sweet little witch riding here broom through a full moon!

Lois said...

How flip cute is this?! VERY CUTE!!! Great take on the sketch.

Cindy said...

What a sweet looking witch! Fun card.