Cards For Sale

Saturday, July 17, 2010

FTL99......My Heart is with You




Good Saturday Morning Peeps!

I am again playing with retired things, waiting on my order to come, Monday. Even then I only have two new stamp sets coming. With needing to buy all the new paper and ink pads I had to limit the stamps, I have a budget, unfortunately.....{insert rolling eyes here}.

I used the sketch from the Clean & Simple Stamping Blog This is FTL 99.

I changed my card to a standard 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 size because after making my main image panel and strips to the side, it just seem to fit this size better. The base of my card is chocolate chip and I followed that up with some riding hood red, glad this color was in the new returning colors, it was one of my faves before. I used my Swiss Dot EF on the riding hood red layer. The DS paper is from the retired Bella Rose paper pack. The flower is from the retired "Bloomin' Beautiful" stamp set. Even tho it is retired, it is new to me, I had always admired this flower from the set and when a friend was selling some of her retired setsd, it I snatched it up.

I stamped the flower with black stazon onto watercolor paper and used riding hood red and old olive to color it with my aqua painter. I added some shadowing with my tombow gray marker. The sentiment is from the "Small Sayings" stamp set, I stamped with riding hood red and matted with chocolate chip. The image panel and the sentiment strip are both mounted with some dimensionals. I decided I wanted to add the peal brad after it was all mounted, so I sniped off the prongs on the back of the brad and used my glue gun to put it on.

Well, that is all from me today, thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

10 comments:

Dawn B. said...

I love that Bella Rose paper.. The reds were my favorite.. Your coloring is beautiful on your flower.. I can't wait to see your new goodies..

Wendy J. said...

Oh, Vicki! This is just gorgeous! I'll forever love that gingham and have tried to talk SU into bringing out a gingham in all colors! They ignore me...imagine! Beautiful coloring and LO! Perfect!

Lois said...

Another yet gorgeous card. Love your coloring and those dsp from Bella Rose just fits this.

Marisa said...

I never tire of this gorgeous flower! Fabulously coloured and a great use of the FTL. I'm loving that layout and want to use it myself.

Natasha said...

Wow! Love your stunning version of the sketch!!

Dawn Easton said...

Just gorgeous, Vicki! So clean and crisp!

Jen Timko said...

This is just stunning. Your flower is amazing!!

Robin said...

I love that flower. Why is it I never seem to appreciate some stamps until they're retired?

theneon said...

You have taken this sketch to the next level with the great colors and textures == beautiful!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVELY! The colors and papers and details are FAB!