Cards For Sale

Sunday, May 2, 2010

SSSC67 Celebrate






GOOOD SUNDAY MORNING PEEPS!!!! My favorite time of the week, time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Sample

Here is the fabulous sketch Karen has for us this week:



Don't you just LOVE this sketch??!!!!

My card this week uses the "Fifth Avenus Floral" stamp set. I stamped the rose onto pretty in pink cardstock with versamark and embossed with white embossing powder. I then went in with pretty in pink ink on a dauber and added in color to darken a bit. I then cut out the rose and set it aside. The base of the card is kraft, or should I say Crumb Cake, and the DS paper is from the "Sweet Pea" paper pack. I used basic black for my mats on the DS paper and the sentiment panel. The sentiment comes from "A Little Birthday Cheer" stamp set. I really like that sentiment, I think it would be great just for an any occasion card to a friend, Just to clelbrate them and your friendship!

I thought my rose needed something so I cut a few leaves with my sizzix Little Leaves die and added them in behind the rose that is mounted with foam tape to the base. I added three mini black brads as well.


I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.

OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:

Karen-the Sweetest Thing

Jen-JenTapler Designs

Karen-Paper Playhouse

Laura-Scrapnextras

Lynn-The Queen's Scene

Nancy-iStamp

Sarah-Jane-Janeybell

Joanne Basile

Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

16 comments:

Karen Giron said...

This is gorgeous Vicki! I love the little leaves peeking out behind the flower and the colors, oh they are beautiful!!!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Gorgeous Vicki... absolutely Gorgeous! Love the Rose and the leaves are a beautiful finishing touch.

xx Sarah

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Gorgeous Vicki! Love all the pink and that big beautiful flower. Funny how we take each sketch so differently..I wouldn't have thought to leave the square blank, but I've seen it done twice tonight and I love it!

Karen Motz said...

Beautiful!!! LOVE that big pink flower!!!

Marisa said...

Love that big flower and you have done a fabulous job with the sketch as always :D

Lynn Put said...

What a beautiful card Vicki! I love the big Pretty in Pink embossed rose and the colors you used on your card!

Nancy Riley said...

That giant rose is awesome, Vicki! Love the effect of the white embossing and the sponged on ink! We were thinking alike this week with our Fifth Avenue Floral cards.

Pam Speidel said...

Happy Hi Vicki! I haven't had time to do much blog reading this week and look what I've missed!! OMG, love your blog makeover and the bright happy colors! :) Love the Sweet Sunday sketch today and hope to find time to play along...after mowing the lawn! Your card is GORGEOUS and you always inspire me! Happy Stamping! Smiles, Pam :)

Sue from Oregon said...

Wowser!!!!!

Mary Brown said...

PRETTY!!! I like your big pink flower!

Jaspere said...

This is lovely.

Mary Marsh said...

this is so pretty vicki-I almost ordered this stamps and then cnaceled-now after seeing your card I want it again-great new blog design by the way

Joanne Travis said...

This is so beautiful, Vicki!!

Michelle-Jersey Girl said...

ooo...so purdy! so very elegant.

Lois said...

Love this! Love everything about it.

Diane Gilbert said...

Vicki this is soooo pretty!!