Cards For Sale

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

MTSC70 Big Yellow Tulip!!



Happy Hump Day Peeps!!

Today's card is made with Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge.

I used the SU stamp set "Pick a Petal" to make my big ol' yellow tulip....whatcha think of it? I really LOVE this set and I seldom use it and it is probably going bye-bye in the up coming catalog. That is just a guess on my part, but if you like it and have wanted to get it, I would do it soon. I think it is a good one to have and keep in you arsenal of flower stamps. It makes the cutest sunflowers and have you seen it used to make a face.......toooooo cute!!

I used some summer sun craft ink to make the petals. I stamped out 5 of them, cut them out and glued them to some chocolate chip card stock and then cut them out again, leaving a small chocolate border. I layered them up with the pointed end up to make the "Tulip".

I added some old olive 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon to make the stem and a bow. The base of the card is PTI white and the DS paper is from the retired Good Morning Sunshine paper pack. I matted each layer with chocolate chip and pierced around the image layer and the yellow DS layer. I used some chocolate chip satin ribbon across the middle with some gold sticky back pearls. The sentiment is from the "Great Friend" stamp set.

Well, that is all from me today, Thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

OOOOhhhh I love this! Great colors and I love the paper piecing.

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Vicki! Have never seen this set used this way or to make a face. Great colours and DPs. Wonderful as always :D

Wendy Janson said...

Sooooo cute, Vicki! Great idea and lovely card!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh wow, that tulip is ADORABLE!

Rhonda Langley said...

Great colors! Sadly I don't have this set-my upline thinks I am the only demo who doesn't own it LOL!

Dawn Easton said...

FANTASTIC, Vicki! That's it, I need to see if I still have this stamp set...you've inspired me to ink it up if I do! Love your tulip idea...brilliant!

Suzi said...

Found your site from tracking Dawn Griffith. Love all your work. You use so many layers and textures and prints, oh my! Just the inspiration I need. Hope you don't mind if I follow along and learn from you!

Sue from Oregon said...

This is an outstanding card!

paige said...

I love this card! I love how you made the flower - will be giving this a try! I'm always looking for different ways to use this set.