Cards For Sale

Thursday, January 14, 2010

With Sympathy




Good Thursday Morning Peeps!! Can't believe how fast this week has gone.

First up I have to say this card gave me fits, I worked on it for a long time yesterday, I was using this week's sketch challenge over at Splitcoast. I originally had the bottom panel white with the score lines like the top. I had it all done, but just didn't like it. I was determined to make it work, I tried adding some bling, I stared at it for ever, it just wasn't working. I put it aside, sometimes I just need to give myself some time away from a card or project I am working on to get a fresh prospective.

I went to town, I needed to get my nails done and do some grocery shopping, you know paper towels, toilet tissue, cat food, milk,....etc. When I got back to my stamping table last night after dinner....I still could not figure out what I needed to do to salvage this card.....so I just pulled out another sketch, this coming week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge and went to work on it. It did not come easy either, I worked on it the entire time American Idol was on....an hour and a half. Got it done and I think it is cute, be sure to look for it this Sunday.

I still could not do anything with this little stinker......so I gave up....went off to play at pogo while watching Ugly Betty. Sometime in the night I finally decided I needed to rid this card of the ugly white panel at the bottom and add this DS paper. And there you go, it looks so much better, absolutely frustrating!! LOL...the anatomy of the card......I do stress so much over my cards.....and alot more lately!!! Not sure why, please tell me that you guys do this too, sometimes!

Now you know guys, I am a nut!!! Anyway the card is made with whisper white and rich razzleberry card stock. The stamp set is "Herb Expressions" and the sentiment is from the "Teeny Tiny Wishes" set. The DS paper comes from the Cottage Wall and the Razzleberry Lemonade pack.

Well, that is all for me today, Thanks so much for coming by and ...........HAPPY STAMPING!!!!!

Vicki

10 comments:

Lois said...

Vicki, there is nothing at all wrong with your beautiful card.
You frett too much. TFS

Marisa said...

Now dont' take this wrong, Vicki, but it is so good to hear the "pros" have issues like I do LOL! This is my "one creative gene's" life more times than not when making cards! I could see myself so clearly in your description and could relate beyond relating LOL! Lucky for you it doesn't happen to you as often as it does to me!

I love what you finally ended up with. The scoring on the white panel is fabulous as is the image and the two DPs for the bottom panels are great. Your persistence paid off in spades. Another beauty :D

Reina said...

Just lovely TFS

carol h said...

Whew!!!! That made me tired just readin' what you did yesterday!!!!! Your cards are always just beautiful. I wish I had just a few ounces of your talent!!! Thanks for sharing this beautiful card with those of us less artistically gifted!!!!!

Jaspere said...

This is lovely. The colors are very comforting too.

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

I am glad to know, I am not the only one who does this, if you could see my pile of disCards at the end of the day!

Stef Perry said...

Well, your efforts were worth it, as the card turned out beautifully!! It is comforting to know others struggle too at time. Maybe it's a perfectionist streak hidden inside, or something but I won't give away any cards unless I am satisfied with how they turned out. I have to say a few of my favorite cards were the result of going back and getting it just right.

Rhonda Langley said...

Beautiful card! A few cards come together quickly but I stress over most of them. I just don't always know what it is that is wrong. Sometimes I just need to let it sit and do something else just like you did!

Jodi Collins said...

This is beautiful Vicky!! Even though it gave you a hard time, I'm glad you kept at it! LOVE the scored background!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh GORGEOS! I love the lattice scoring and elegant colors!