Cards For Sale

Friday, November 27, 2009

WSC & PPA Season Greetings



TGIF Peeps!

Today I am sharing a card I made with Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge and Pals Paper Arts KISS Challenge.

The Kiss challenge stands for Keep it Simple, Sweetie. My card is super simple, it has no stamping, and you know what, that is NOT simple for me, I feel like I cheated with this one.....LOL!!!!

I dug out and old Simply Scrapping kit I have, Winter Bright. The base of the card is made with some wild wasabi textured card stock from the kit, I followed that with some real red card stock and all of the DS paper is from the scraping kit.

I made my circle element from the kit and it is made up of a pretty in pink circle sticker, I used my embossing buddy on the back of the sticker to make it not sticky. I added another pretty in pink "joy" sticker to the bottom one with a dimensional. I then added a so saffron star, also from the kit, to the pink circle. I then mounted it to the base of the card with another dimensional.

I thought the striped side of my card looked a bit bare so I used another sticker on dimensional as well to the bottom corner.

Well, that is it for today, my plain and simple, Weekend sketch, KISS card!!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

7 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so pretty! Love the star frame and the fabulous colors.

Marisa said...

Great job with Beate's weekend sketch. This one scared me off and you have done a fabulous job with it. Great DPs and star. Well done :D

Margaret Moody said...

Such a great card, Vicki! I love that there was no stamping involved! That really does keep it simple! Great job with the challenge!

Dawn Easton said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh how I loved that kit! GREAT dp choices! GREAT card, Vicki!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful! Love these colours, and I too feel like I've "cheated" when I don't stamp LOL!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Jacquel said...

So pretty Vicki & great layout!