Cards For Sale

Monday, January 5, 2009

Upsy Daisy Birthday




Good Monday Morning Peeps! BRRRRRR.....Baby It's Cold Outside!!!!

Today's card was made with the sketch at
Our Creative Corner. I just love sketch challenges, they are probably my favorite.

I stamped the flower from the SU Upsy Daisy set on PTI white card stock with chocolate chip craft ink. I then dumped some stardust transparent embossing powder over it and shook off the excess and used the heat gun to set it. It is really sparkly IRL. I like this color combo, but it took awhile, to get the right balance. The DS paper is from the SU Autumn Vines series. The rest is pretty straight forward. I used some versamark to stamp the flowers again on the lower panel and sponged the edges with more mustard ink. I added one of my favorite additions, paper piercing, with my piercing tool and mat pack and a couple of chocolate chip brads and a bow and, Viola, done!

What do you think, do you like the colors? I find that I use the earth element colors alot, I almost always reach for them. I need to break out and use some of the others, I swear I have some ink pads, in other color families, that still have the plastic around them.

Well. that's all for today, Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Stamping!!

6 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

I LOVE it girl!!! I have some of that DP still and need to use it up! I'm going to CASE your CC here...hehe! Thanks for playing along!! I love this set too ;)

Beth said...

So lovely Vicki! I adore this stamp set and also the Autumn vine dp! Gorgeous card I love how you stamped the image in behind the main panel!!!

Jaspere said...

This is just beautiful. I love this set (I haven't even inked mine up). Beautiful layout and design.

Jacquel said...

Beautiful card Vicki and love the colors you used! awesome job gf!!

Veronica Z said...

You did a great job with the sketch challenge! Your card is beautiful.

sumbine said...

Beautiful card, Stardust EP really sparkle, i love it.
The color combo is great!