Cards For Sale

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

The Card Concept.....hello


Happy Wednesday Peeps!
Tine for a new challenge at The Card Concept.



Here is our inspiration piece for this challenge:




I loved this inspiration piece. I am a big fan of the white pumpkins/gourds and I knew right away that I wanted to make one.

I have in the past made pumpkins using oval and circle punches but
I decided to try my hand at a large one using my oval framelits.

I used embossing folders on each oval, creating this fun textured pumpkin.



I keep it fairly simple from there, using a sheet of wood DSP from the Market Fresh paper pack.
The base of the card is Early Espresso.
I added a few green leaves and a jute bow along with a few sequins.
The sentiment is cut from the Greetings thinlits. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

Vicki


15 comments:

KathyE said...

Love it! What a great idea.

Jenny Engelke said...

This is so elegant and rustic! I love all the textures on the pumpkin! The leaves and bow are cool too.....fabulous Vicki!

Debbie said...

Wow! I love the rustic look of your pumpkin. Ovals and embossing folders! Amazing!

sandie said...

What a creative way to make a pumpkin, I hadn't thought of this-thanks for the inspiration. And embossing the ovals gives a great texture x

lifesabeach32940 said...

OMG!! I LOVE your card!! It is AWESOME!! WOW!!

Julie Gearinger said...

Oh, I love the texture on your Great White Pumpkin! :-) Fabulous job on this challenge- hugs and have a blessed week, DT 'sis!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love all the embossing on that pretty pumpkin!

Flo said...

I love the rustic and textured look; simply beautiful!

Lesley said...

Gorgeous, rustic goodness! That pumpkin is awesome!

Jeanne said...

Love, love your pumpkin. Gotta try it. Thanks for the inspiration!

Michele Henderson said...

This pumpkin is fantastic! I love all the texture and color in your big white pumpkin! Just gorgeous!
Take care!
Michele

Cookie said...

LOVE IT. LOVE WHITE PUMPKINS AND GOURDS ALSO....I HAVE TO SEE IF I HAVE OVAL FRAMELITS AND WILL HAVE TO TRY MY HAND AT THIS. GOOD JOB

www.stampinlab.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful card. I love pumpkins. I really like your DSP choice in the back ground perfect.

Shannon McComb said...

What a fabulous idea to create your pumpkin looks gorgeous!!!

laurie said...

Your pumpkin is gorgeous! I love all the texture and the twine bow!