Cards For Sale

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sweet Sunday....Hello


Happy Sunday Peeps!!


Here is the sweet sketch Karen has for us this week:


I love this sketch, a great one to start out the new year!

I got this amazing Impression Obsession Snowy Branch Cardinal stamp for Christmas.
I love it and could not wait to ink it up.
I knew it would be perfect for this sketch,
I stamped the image onto some confetti cream card stock and colored it using my water brush and ink pads.
I used real red, cherry cobbler, soft suede and a bit mustard for the beak.



The base of the card is Cream card stock and then a layer of Early Espresso and the DSP I used is from a retired SU pack called Candlelight Christmas. I wanted a winter feel to my card but not Christmas. I used my white gel pen to color in the snow and added some stickles over it. It really sparkles but I could not capture it in the pic.
The little hello comes from the SU Hello December stamp set.

We are saying goodbye to a couple of our Sweet Sunday stampers this week.
No longer with us is 
Karen Motz-a sweet friend who always, always inspired and encouraged me.
and 
Jackie Pedro-a totally awesome, generous friend who I aspire to be like.


Now let's see what the rest of the girls did with this fun little sketch:


Thanks for stopping by today

Vicki

14 comments:

Lisa H. said...

Oh, my!!!! Gorgeous cardinal Vicki!!!

Linda Walker said...

I love this card. The cardinal is one of my favorite birds and I just drew a template yesterday to start working on a stitched version. Thanks for sharing!Linda
mysewwhatblog

Wendy said...

So pretty, Vicki! Love your coloring!

Tracy said...

Oh Vicki your coloring is stunning! I wish I could do this. I loved this sketch too. A definite go too. Happy New Year my friend! (((hugs)))

Karen Giron said...

Wow, Vicki! I love how you colored this large image! The accents are fantastic!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki, this is gorgeous! I love your coloring of this beautiful cardinal, and what great DP and perfect sketch challenge! Hugs, sweet friend!

Dana White said...

Vicki is is stunning. I can see why you didn't want to wait to use it!!

Jenny Engelke said...

Gorgeous Vicki! I love the combo of designer papers you used! Red and brown are my favorite together!

Queen Mary said...

Beautiful Vicki!

ChristineCreations said...

Such a pretty image and beautifully put together!

Bonnie said...

This is a beautiful stamp and you've colored it perfectly!

Lynn Put said...

Such a peaceful feel to your card, Vicki. You did a wonderful job of watercoloring the bird and his surroundings. Soft and pretty.

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful coloring, I like how you did the background too!

Dianne said...

Love this card, really stands out with the background you have used.