Cards For Sale

Friday, January 30, 2015

Freshly Made Sketch....Whale


Happy Friday Peeps!!

Today I am sharing a card I made using the sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches:


As you can see I took a bit of creative license with the sketch. I used one large flag instead of three smalls, but the basic idea is there.

I got this cute little Lawn Fawn stamp with matching dies recently and I thought it was perfect for this sketch. I stamped the two whales onto some white card stock and  colored with my copic markers. I then used the matching dies to cut them out. Same with the little heart.


I die cut a circle and added some DSP from the High Tide pack.
I popped up the whales and heart using some foam tape.
The sentiment comes from the same little set and I curled it around a bit to fit the circle and stamped using some Calypso Coral ink.
The large flag is made using a piece of paper from the same DSP and I hand cut the bottom and curled it up just a bit.
I added a bit of icicle stickles to the heart and a few silver sequins to finish it up.

Thanks for stopping by today,

Vicki






5 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

I.NEED.THOSE.WHALES. This is SUPER cute!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so cute, love how you used this sketch.

Karren said...

Those whales are just so adorable! Fabulous card guaranteed to make the recipient smile. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Kim S said...

I love the look of the one big banner. The small orange print against the bold striped "water" is so fun! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Wendy said...

OMGosh, this is way to cute! Love the whales, papers and the design! So adorable!!!! :)