Cards For Sale

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sweet Sunday......Partridge and Pears





Happy Sunday Peeps!!


Here is the sweet sketch Karen has for us this week:


I really love this sketch, I pulled out another fun new set, Stampin Up's Partridge and Pears.

I stamped the image a few times with black stazon onto confetti cream card stock,
I colored with my aqua painter and ink pads, using Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry, Smoky Slate and Crumb Cake.
I colored a few extra pears and I colored the partridge a few times to get the colors I wanted. I am not sure what colors a real partridge is but I finally decide to use some Smoky Slate and Crumb Cake with a bit of Cherry Cobbler thrown in. I added the pears and bird over the original with a few dimensionals. I also added some crystal effects to the pears, looks cool IRL but does not show much in the pic.


The base of my card is Crumb Cake that I covered with some DSP from the Under the Tree pack, I LOVE the papers in this pack and I think I will be adding another pack to my next order. 
The next layer is Cherry Cobbler followed with some more DSP from the same pack.
I added the circle piece with dimensionals.
The sentiment comes from the same set and is stamped with black onto the cream card stock and matted with more Cherry Cobbler card stock.
I colored and cut out another pear and added it the sentiment piece. I die cut the bottom flag with Cherry Cobbler card stock as well. I added a small jute bow to the top of the pear and then scattered a few candy dots, pearls and sequins for some sparkle at the top.

I am also adding this to this week's Merry Monday Challenge:


I used the first row, which is Sparkle, Die cut and Red.




Now let's see what the rest of the girls did with this fun little sketch:

Karen Motz-off this week
Tracy Clemente-off this week

Thanks for stopping by today

Vicki

6 comments:

Lyn said...

Oh this is beautiful <3 I just recently got some Cherry cobble cardstock and ink and totally in love with the colour

Notes by Nina said...

Lovely card, this stamp is fabulous and the popped pear look great. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

Lynn Put said...

This is wonderful Vicki! Love the detail in your coloring and the pears.

Jen Mitchell said...

What a wonderfully iconic Christmas image - and so beautifully colored. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

Bonnie said...

You always do such beautiful painting! Love the extra pears and the partridge!

Dana White said...

This is ab absolutely stunning card Vicki