Cards For Sale

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sweet Sunday.....Wild Thing




Happy Sunday Peeps!!

It is Sweet Sunday Sketch Day 

Here is the sweet sketch Karen has for us today:


I decided to play around with my new Stampin Up set called "Life in the Forest". I had this idea for this sketch and this set to make a card for my Hubby. I gave him this card on Friday for Valentines Day,
I thought it turned out cute. 
I made my base with Crumb Cake card stock and then the orange DSP comes from the Retro Fresh pack. This is my favorite DSP right now. 
Another layer of Crumb Cake and then more DSP. The green DSP is from the "Birthday Basic" paper pack.
I hand cut my curvy hills. 
I stamped the trees onto some cream card stock and colored with my copic markers. I then cut them out and added them to the scene with dimensionals. 
I stamped the cute little raccoon onto some Smokey Slate card stock and colored in the black parts with a marker and then smoothed them out a bit with my aqua brush. I stamped him again and cut out the face and colored and added it to him with a dimensional. 
Most people are all about the cute fox in this set, BUT I adore this little raccoon.

The sentiment is created using the Designer Typeset Photo polymer set. I spelled out the sentiment using individual letters, hence the crooked spacing and lines, but I am OK with it!
The little arrows below are also from the same set.

I decorated the inside with some more trees and added a little personal message for hubby.
"You Make My Heart Sing" using the Typeset letters.

 Let's see what the rest of the girls did with this fun little sketch:


Thanks for stopping by today

Vicki




9 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Super cute, Vicky! Love your coloring and the fun DSP patterns. I have this stamp set but just can't seem to get motivated to use it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Lori said...

Too fun! Love how you used the sketch to create an outdoor scene.

Tracy said...

How incredibly fabulous this turned out Vicki!! I love every part of this happy scene. It put a huge smile on my face this morning!

Lisa H. said...

It's adorable! I'm a sucker for a darling scene and this is soooo sweet!

Conniecrafter said...

your scene is just too cute!

Lynn Put said...

Too cute! The scene you created is adorable!

Karen Motz said...

This is wildly cute Vicki! Love that little scene!

Dana White said...

Vicki this scene is fabulous. What a great take on the sketch!

Linda Callahan said...

Super cute!