Cards For Sale

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Dynamic Duos....Merry


Happy Saturday Peeps!!
Time for a new Dynamic Duos Color Challenge.


This is our final challenge for 2012 as we are taking a short break to celebrate the holidays with our families and friends. We will be back on January 5th!

Love the colors this week, perfect for those last minute Christmas cards.
I wasn't able to work in the dessert option, I tried but couldn't make it work with my CAS card.
I used the pretty Stampin Up set called Evergreen, I stamped the base tree onto some very vanilla card stock with black stazon ink. I then added the next layer, stamping with versamark and embossing with gold embossing powder. 


The "merry' is a PTI die cut made with some metallic gold paper found at a local store. The star comes from the Holiday Collection Framelit Dies. 

The base of the card is Very Vanilla and then the next layer is basic black.
Love how this card came out and it remains fairly flat for easy mailing.
Be sure and hop over to the Dynamic Duos Blog to see what the rest of the design team did with these great colors.
Thanks for stopping by and 
HAPPY STAMPING!!

Vicki




5 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous girl! Love the MERRY in gold! Looks wonderful!

Jenny Engelke said...

I LOVE the gold "merry". Also, the tree stamped in black with the gold embossing over looks amazing! Merry Christmas, Vicki!

Karen Day said...

I love the gold embossing on top of your tree, Vicki! I bet this card really glows in real life :o) Have a wonderful holiday!

Amy White said...

Beautiful and striking! Great idea to stamp the tree in black and emboss with gold over the top!

Christine Blain said...

Wow, Vicki - the black Christmas tree, embossed in gold, looks so dramatic. Beautiful. Love yoru work!