Cards For Sale

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sweet sunday.....Warm Winter Wishes


Happy Sunday Peeps!!!

 Time for a new Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge

Love this sweet sketch Karen has for us this week:


I pulled out my Stampin Up Scentsational Season stamp set and the matching framelit dies.
I stamped my ginger with versamrk and crumb cake ink and embossed with the "Sugar and Spice" embossing powder. Man does that stuff smell good. My ginger smells good enough to eat. I made him a cute little bow tie with the heart that is on the Owl punch and added a pearl to the center.
The base of the card is Crumb Cake card stock and then I used a layer of Cherry Cobbler and then the DSP here is from the Festival of Prints pack.


The sentiment is from the Winter Memories stamp set. I used my postage stamp punch for the cherry cobbler squares and embossed with the Snow Burst EF.
I got a bit carried away with my bow and all of it's elements. I first made a double bow using some cherry cobbler seam binding ribbon and then I added a vintage faceted button with some bakers twine to the bow.
I thought it needed something more so I hand cut a  couple of holly leaves, sponged and scored and added them under the edge of the bow. Kinda of a heavy and a bit bulky card and wouldn't mail very easily but would be great tucked into a gift bag or a tray of Christmas goodies.

Be sure and check out what the rest of the team has made with this sweet sketch:

Jackie Pedro-The Scalloped Edge-is taking the week off

and this week's Sweet guest stamper


Thanks for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!

Vicki



9 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Love your addition of the bow and holly!!! I thought those were dies but you hand cut them!!! Awesome!

Tracy said...

This is literally a gift all wrapped up. Girl you rocked it. I especially love this paper you used.

Karen Motz said...

Beautiful Vicki! I love the pretty bow in the corner with the holly!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Hey, hey! Is that a swanky bow tie that I spy? Too cute! Love the texture of that fabby bow. Hope your weekend was fun! :)

Karen Giron said...

This is SO pretty, Vicki! I love the holly leaves and bow in the corner and the little gingerbread man is darling!

Lori said...

So sweet! Love that the gingerbread man's scented, too.

Dana White said...

Cute, cute, cute Vicki!!

Lynn Put said...

So sweet Vicki! Love the addition of the holly and bow in the corner and your little gingerman is adorable!

Jenny Engelke said...

You just keep on cranking out one fabulous card after another! I love the little gingerbread man bow-tie!