Cards For Sale

Sunday, April 22, 2012

SSSC157......Happy Birthday




Happy SundayPeeps!!

It is time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.

Here is the SWEET sketch Karen has for us this week:


As you can see I turned the sketch,  I don't usually do that but I couldn't find an image I wanted to work with that fit the other way. :)
I went kinda shabby chic/vintage with my card. I am not loving this one but since my mojo has kinda been on a vacation as of late it will have to do.
The base of the card is Soft Suede card stock and then I followed that up with some crumb cake that I embossed with the perfect dots EF. I sponged this with early espresso ink.
I used the Stampin Up "Simply Soft" stamp set along with "French Foliage and "French Script" for my main image piece. I colored with my aqua painter using Baja Blue and Old Olive for the flower.
The DSP strips are from the Pocketful of Posie pack and the sentiment is from the Something to Celebrate stamp set.


I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.

OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team, and Guest Designer has in store for us this week:





Sarah-Jane-Janeybell -Sarah is off on a vacation adventure, but swing by and leave her some love anyway.


and this week's Sweet Guest Designer:-Tarynne Wise


Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

11 comments:

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous, Vicki!! I don't know what's going on with your Mojo but this is perfect! Love your color combo and how beautifully you've colored your image. Your bow is super pretty too! Nice job!!
Happy Sunday, my friend!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh this is beautiful! Not sure why you aren't loving it?! Remember we are most critical of our own work ;)
It's lovely!

Pam Speidel said...

WOW! Another BEAUTY Vicki! Love that stamp set and the colors you've used. Way to rock the tilted sketch!

Karen Giron said...

Another amazing work of art, Vicki!! I love the soft colors and the little pearls on the flowers. So super Shabby Chic Fab!!

Lisa Lynn said...

This is adorable. Love the stamp and the colors.

Lynn Put said...

This is beautiful Vicki! The way you flipped the sketch and added the sentiment banner and bow is brillant!

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty color combo and image, lovely card!

Lynda said...

Geez Vicki...I hate to see you really struggle with ur mojo if this is what is produced when ur having trouble!!!. I love this set and I love the vintagey feel. Just lovely...and so well done.

Kristin Moore said...

Very very beautiful! Love that stamp and your vintage colors and shading, the texture and pearls... WOW!

Karen Motz said...

Absolutely STUNNING Vicki!!! Love the chic vintage feel!!!

Teresa Zuehls said...

Beautiful card Vicki! You always add such lovely texture to your creations. I like the way you turned the sketch. TFS and have a great week.