Cards For Sale

Saturday, December 24, 2011

OCC....Home for the Holidays



Happy Saturday Peeps!!! 
It is time for another Our Creative Corner Challenge. 
This week our hostess is the fabulous Sharon Wheet and she has a fun Christmas challenge for us. Here it is in her own words:

'Home for the Holidays' - use the scenes in your own home for your inspiration.  You can use the decorations on your Christmas tree, a center piece from your dining table, the winter wonderland seen from your front door, or the wreath on your front door.  What ever your inspiration, please share that with us, in your paper craft item.  You can create a card, a layout, a 3-D item, an altered item, whatever your paper crafting heart desires.  The only other requirement - show us some glimmer/sparkle!

Now that I see the challenge theme, I think I forgot the sparkle!  But let's just say my sparkle is the gold pearls. 
I took inspiration for my card from our Christmas tree. Each year our tree is a bit different, we like to change it up and do themes occasionally. This year we used burlap to make garland and added pine cones and red wood bead garland along with other rustic decorations of stars, sleds, snowmen and bells.
I thought I would incorporate some of the burlap that was left over from the homemade garland. I like the rustic feel of this card. 

The base of the card is Early Espresso and then I used some crumb cake and the DSP is from the Letters to Santa paper pack. I added the strip of burlap down the side and then some cherry cobbler seam binding on top of it. I made a double loop bow and added a antique brad to the center.
The main image is from my favorite Christmas set this year, the Stampin Up Beautiful Season. I stamped this image onto some confetti cream card stock and colored with my aqua painter and ink pads. the sentiment is from the Petite Pairs stamp set. 
I added the panel to the card on a slight angle with some dimesionals. 

Be sure to check the Our Creative Corner Blog 
to see what the rest of the design team came up with for this fun challenge.
I hope you can find some time to play along and if you do, don't forget to link it up over on the Our Creative Corner Blog so we can all see it!

Thanks for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki
Edited to add: My card is so very similar to THIS card by the fabulously talented Tenaele Williams, I don't recall seeing her card before making mine but I might have and it sunk into my sub-conscious, either way, Thanks so much Tenaele for sharing your beautiful work and inspiring so many!

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful card! Love the added burlap and pretty cherry cobbler ribbon/bow! Your coloring is awesome too!
Happy Christmas Eve, my dear friend!

Patty Sue 2 said...

Beautiful card! I love your coloring!

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, you KNOW I love when you use that image! You always colour it beautifully!!!

Merry Christmas to you and your family! I hope you have a wonderful holiday together!!! Big hugs my friend!

Unknown said...

Wow! I love your coloring on your card. Your layout is so beautiful too.
Merry Christmas!
Diane

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Beautifully done. Love the colors and the burlap on the side. Thanks for the inspiration.

Teneale Williams said...

Merry Christmas! I love this image and you have coloured it so well, we have a very simpler style but your much better then me and my are just a little more vintage. I always read your blog because your work is always outstanding but don't always comment but I am so excited I have a card kind of like your's we used many of the same products but your looks much better then mine. Thanks for sharing your talent.

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful card, Vicki!