Cards For Sale

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

SC353.....Punched Black Kitty


Happy Hump Day Peeps!

Today I am sharing a card I made using the sketch challenge this week on Splitcoaststampers.
I know most of you remember the kitty treat bag I made like this one last year, see it HERE.
I used a tutorial I found HERE. Well, I decided to re-create him for my sketch challenge.

He is made with punches,  I couldn't resist putting a big ol full moon behind him, I punched it with crushed curry with my 1-3/4 inch circle punch and sponged the edges with Cajun craze ink. I added the kitty to the moon with some dimensionals. The kitty is made from punches, the head is the large oval punched in black and slide back into the punch and punching off a bit more of the oval. The body is the word window that is trimmed up the side to a pint at the top. The legs and feet are punched hearts from the heart to heart punch. The collar is the slot punch and the eyes are 1/2 inch circles cut flat on one side. The ears are also made from up side down hearts. the eye pupils are tiny strips of old olive. I made my tail a bit different from the original, I used my oval punch and the negative from another cut oval.


The base of my card is Cajun Craze and I followed that with some basic black and then the DSP on here is from the Frightful Sight paper pack. 
I mounted the cat and moon on a piece of whisper white card stock that I matted with basic black and embossed with the square lattice EF.  I used dimesionals to add that to the card. The strip of black is 1 inch wide and then I added another piece of DSP from the same pack. 

The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and is stamped with black stazon onto whisper white and matted with black. I added a button that matched the moon that I had in my stash and threaded some black card stock through the eyes of the button and added it to the end of the sentiment flag.
I then added some small black brads to the corners.


Well, that is all from me today, thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

5 comments:

Tawnya Bonnell said...

WOW! This has to be the cutest punch art and cutest Halloween card I have every seen. Amazing. TFS!!

Beth said...

Cute Halloween card Vicki! Love the papers you used and the punched black cat!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Fun Halloween card!! I just love the use of punches and your colors!! Great choice of papers!!

Marisa said...

Eeeek!! This cat is adorable!! Going to have to make one as my DD is a cat lover and it would be prefect on a card for her. Great card and thanks for the list of punches to use ;)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Here kitty, kitty...I love this little guy to bits!! Wow! What a fabulous card, Vicki! Thank you so much for sharing this idea. Eeek! You are so amazingly creative! :)