Cards For Sale

Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer Door Hanger


Good Monday Morning Peeps!

Today I am sharing a Summer door hanger that I made yesterday. My friend Wendy has been making several of these door hangers lately and she inspired me to get my blank wood door hanger out and make me a Summer one.

On Saturday Wendy texted me and asked if I would like to take a little road trip with her. Where? I asked. To a scrapbook/stamp store came the reply. I'm in was my quick reply! LOL!! So off we went to Shawnee Mission Kansas, a couple of hours drive from us. Wendy was in search of some stamps she wanted for a special birthday card she needed to make and I was "just looking". :)  I ended up with a couple of things, one being some of the cute polka dotted paper you see on my door hanger. The rest is all Stampin' Up ~~ card stock, punches, ribbon and buttons.

I free handed the watermelon, well the base anyway. I first made a little template with some scrap white card stock and folded it in half to get both corners the same. I cut a  red piece and a dark green piece for the watermelon and layered them together, making the green piece a little bigger of course. I then used my scallop circle punch to take a "bite" out of the watermelon piece. The "seeds"  are made with the blossom bouquet triple punch, the pieces that are punched out of the flower are perfect little "tear drops" for seeds.

The crow is made up of punches and I used the instructions I found HERE. I changed it just a bit, I made feet for my crow with the snowflake punch and I used the square lattice EF to make my crow's hat look like straw and I added some googlie eyes to mine too.


I made some sunflowers using the 5-petal flower punch and the center is made with a 1 inch circle punch. I added some daffodil delight satin ribbon to the top and the buttons are some I got during SAB. I turned them to the back side because that side matched my colors better. I threaded some black jute through the buttons.

Well, that is all from me today, Thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki



7 comments:

Wendy said...

OMG VICKI.....this is SO cute, gf!! I love the papers you used and all the little things you've created on your door hanger! It for sure screams SUMMER TIME! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this, girl!!! :)

Lynette said...

That is so darn cute!

Marisa said...

That crow is sooo cute!! Love the watermelon and sunflowers too. Great door hanger :)

Unknown said...

This is the cutest thing!!! Oh my word, love the crow and the sunflowers and all of it! Feel a CASE coming on in a big way, it would be a neat thing to make for my DD in college.

Dawn Easton said...

eeek! This is so flippin' cute! I totally want to CASE this with Chloe! She'd love these....thanks for the inspiration!!

Wanda Cullen said...

How utterly adorable!! Just love it!

Rhonda Langley said...

Fabulous! Love the watermelon and the had especially!