Cards For Sale

Saturday, July 23, 2011

OCC....Birthday Black-Eyed Susans


Happy Saturday Peeps!!

It is time for another challenge over on the Our Creative Corner Blog. This week our challenge hostess is Sarah Gough from THinkING STAMPS and she has a fun challenge for us, All the B's! Use Buttons, Black, Bling and a Bow on your creation!

I pulled out another new set from the Stampin' Up Idea Book & Catalog. This one is called "Field Flowers". I had to do this one in yellows to look like my favorite field flowers, Black Eyed Susans. I love these flowers and they grow wild all over the place around here and even seem to thrive in the terrible heat. I even saw some one year growing between some bricks in an alley near the store I use to work at.

The base of my card is basic black card stock. The next layer is the beautiful Daffodil Delight that I embossed with the square lattice embossing folder. The main image panel is stamped with the leaves/stem of the flowers and then I stamped the flowers and center on scrap whisper white and cut out and added to the main panel with dimesionals.



I have been kinda hooked on this layout, you can see other examples of it HEREHERE and HERE. It is a great layout for large image panels and I do love a crooked panel. LOL!!!

I added a small little daffodil delight butterfly with some "BLING" on it and my "BOW" is made with some Stampin' Up basic black satin ribbon. I added a "BUTTON" from the Stampin Up Designer buttons brights collection pack to the center of the bow. I am sure you can see all the "BLACK"  the ribbon, the brads, the flower centers, and of course the card stock.



Be sure to check the Our Creative Corner Blog to see what the rest of the design team came up with for this fun  challenge. I hope you can find some time to play along and if you do don't forget to link it up over on the Our Creative Corner Blog so we can all see it!

Thanks for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

16 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE these flowers in yellow & black (this set is on my wish list)! It really is a great layout...the tilted panel gives is more visual interest!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh my oh my! I can't say enough about this beauty! I love black and yellow together and this card has such a WOW! factor. It's very simple but it packs a big punch! Terrific job on this week's challenge.

Hope you are having a great weekend - stay cool!

Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

These are so lovely, Vicki, just like the real ones that are just blooming now here in MN. Someday soon I'm going to have to have this set!

Lynn Put said...

WOW this is gorgeous Vicki! This is my favorite set from the new catty and I absolutely love what you've done with it!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous girl!!! LOVE that yellow and black combo and your flowers are beautiful!!!
I tried to play along with this challenge....but I goofed....haha!

Mary Marsh said...

this issuch a pretty card vicki-the black & daffodil delight is so striking together

Anonymous said...

Vicki,
I am absolutely crazy about yellow and black together. This card is gorgeous. LOVE IT!

Sarah Gough said...

love this Vicki! those flowers are awesome.

Wendy J. said...

I've seen several beautiful cards from you lately and haven't been able to keep up with my commenting. This is another one of them! I almost went with yellow and black myself! Several of us were on that track apparently! I'm still trying to make a card with this set that I like. Love this...as I do most everything you create!

Allison said...

Beautiful! Love this colour combo and your bow! Normally I'm not a huge fan of an off-kilter layout but I really like this one!

TrishG said...

oh WOW. I already LOVE this stamp set. You've certainly created an over-the-top card with it. Absolutely STUNNING!

Margaret Moody said...

This is beautiful, Vicki! Love everything about it! Adding this stamp set to my list, too! Thanks for sharing! I love your work!

kim23 said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Vicki! I just love that black and yellow combo! Also, your birthday flowers are awesome! wow...fantastic job! You are very creative, Vicki! Hope you are having a nice week!

Karen said...

Love this one Vicki, it really catches your eye. Love the flower.

Sandi said...

Congratulations Vicki for winning Week 130 LNS Challenge!! This is a beautiful card, well deserving the win!! Your blog is awesome.

Sharon Wheet said...

Vicki~ I love your color combo and not just because I did the same one. I think the buttery yellow really helps the black pop! I have this stamp set, and I have yet to ink it up! I can't wait! Thank you for showing us such a wonderful card!