Cards For Sale

Sunday, May 29, 2011

SSSC119.....thinking about you



Good Morning Peeps!!! It is Sunday so that means it is time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge Sample. 

Here is the fabulous sketch that Karen has for us this week:


This was a really nice sketch to work with and I really didn't want to miss out playing with it, so I took some time out last evening to make this quick card. Well, I thought it would be quick but I am so anal sometimes that I make things harder than need be!!!

Anyway......I used the fun little Stampin' Up set from the Summer Mini called "On the Grow". I stamped the image onto very vanilla card stock with black stazon. I used some not quire navy, pear pizazz, baja breeze and soft suede to color the image.

The base of the card is very vanilla, followed by some embossed pear pizazz. The DSP is from the retired, Vintage Springtime paper pack. I matted with not quite navy card stock. The sentiment is from the "Touch of Kindness" stamp set.



I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with and don't forget to link it up over at Karen's blog for all of us to see.



OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:







Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

11 comments:

Karen Motz said...

This is beautiful Vicki!!! So glad you were able to play despite all that's going on around you!!

Fiona Harrison said...

That is a lovely card. I hope we get those stamps and papers Down Under.

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, I'm so glad you took some time to stamp and create a beautiful card. Thinking of you my friend!

Lynn Put said...

This is lovely Vicki! The watercolor look to your image looks wonderful and the designer paper and creamy satin bow are the perfect combination with this pretty image!

Marisa said...

Fabulous colouring of the image! Love the DP and of course, the Swiss Dots :) Great colour combo too. Love the sketch so hope to be able to play along this week.

Karen Giron said...

How beautiful Vicki! I love the coloring on your glass jar and the flowers are amazing! I'm the same exact way - sometimes I sit down thinking my card will be quick and then 4 hours later I'm still fiddling with it! :D

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, sweetie! I love that paper & that stamp set!!
I'm thinking of you~

Pat (mspfd) said...

Lovely card. What beautiful work!

Beth said...

Very pretty card Vicki! Love the softness of the watercolouring!

Sharon Carr said...

Love your card! That little floral bouquet is small, but you really made it stand out nicely!

Dana White said...

This is fantastic Vicki - very sweet image