Cards For Sale

Sunday, May 22, 2011

SSSC118......Perfect Adventure



Good Morning Peeps!!! It is Sunday so that means it is time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge Sample. 

Here is the fabulous sketch that Karen has for us this week:



I pulled out the fun Stampin' Up set "On the Grow" to use for this sketch. I had not inked up the cute little vespa stamp in this set and this sketch had the perfect image panel for it.

I wasn't sure how to color my vespa so I just did a google search and found alot of images of real vespas to copy from. I knew I wanted to make mine red, that would be the color I would get if I ever got one! LOL!!
I used real red and riding hood red for the body of the bike and then used basic gray for the rest. I colored in the flowers and flower pots with poppy parade, daffodil delight, old olive and cajun craze. I used soft suede for the ground and added some baja blue for the sky, but that doesn't show much in the picture. I then shadowed around the image with a bit of crumb cake.  I matted the image with basic black card stock



The base of the card is basic black and then very vanilla. The DSP is from the Love Letters pack. I used the Perfect trimmings die for the large scallop across the bottom and added some basic black satin ribbon and tied a bow. I then added some silver pearls across the scallop piece and at the top corners of the image piece.


OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:







Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

15 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, this is WONDERFUL! I love that Vespa image!!! Great watercolouring, as always ;)

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Fabulous water colouring!!! ANd such a cute, cute image!!!

xx SJ

Pam Speidel said...

You've got skills girl! Love it!

Lesley said...

The red Vespa is awesome! Good idea to look up some photos! Love your work!
Hugs,
Lesley

Marisa said...

Fabulous as always, Vicki! Your vespa would fit right into those riding them in Europe :)

Lynn Put said...

Love the red vespa, your coloring looks fantastic and the addition of the silver pearls looks great!

Beth said...

Love what you have created with this great sketch! The red, white and black papers are fantastic with this image - awesome card Vicki!

Karen Motz said...

What a PERFECT mode of transportation for a fun adventure!!! I'd love a red vespa too!!! This is absolutely beautiful Vicki!!!

Kathy said...

I love this card the colors are just perfect.and the silver brads add the final touch

Dana White said...

This is so cute- love the red vespa!!

Cardamama J said...

What a great card from the challenge. I love how you made the postage stamp border, and your coloring is great!

Karen Giron said...

Love the scooter and that gorgeous color combo!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a cute card...especially in these classic colors! Have been thinking about you and all the others in Missouri...hope you are safe and did not experience devastation with the tornadoes!

Wendy said...

Just a note to let everyone know that I've been in touch with Vicki and she & her family are fine. Joplin is a hop skip & jump from Webb City where Vicki is from and they are safe but they have no cable or internet service due to the tornado that went thru Joplin. It may be awhile till cable service is returned and once it is back on I know she'll return.
Keep Joplin in your thoughts & prayers!!

Beth said...

Vicki I'm so relieved to hear you and your family are safe! The tornadoes we have been watching on the news have been devastating! Keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers!