Cards For Sale

Sunday, January 30, 2011

SSSC102....Be My Valentine



GOOD SUNDAY MORNING PEEPS!!! It's my favorite time of the week, time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Sample

This is the fabulous sketch Karen has for us this week:



I was inspired by THIS card I saw on Linda Callahan's Blog! I used her colors and beautiful bow.

I started my card with a base of basic black card stock. The next layer is the three strips of Crumb Cake Card stock, I embossed those with the Vintage Wall embossing folder. The DS paper is from the Newsprint DSP and is matted with more basic black card stock. I tied a bow arounf this layer with some yummy basic black satin ribbon. The two hearts are cut with the Heart to Heart Embosslit using the Red Glimmer Paper in the mini and layered up with some dimensionals between the layers. I added some jute twine to the hearts and looped that under the bow.





The sentiment comes from the Filled with Love stamp set and is stamped onto the very vanilla card stock and punched out with my 1 inch circle punch. I then punched out a mat for that with the 1-1/4 inch circle punch.

I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.


OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:

Karen-the Sweetest Thing

Jen-JenTapler Designs

Karen-Paper Playhouse

Lynn-The Queen's Scene

Sarah-Jane-Janeybell

Dana-Dana's House of Cards


Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

14 comments:

Jen Tapler said...

This is so beautiful Vicki! Are the hearts cut from glittery paper or did you glitter them yourself? I love the contract of the glittered / blingy hearts with the elegance of the rest of the card - it's so perfect!!

Karen Motz said...

SO elegant!!! LOVE that heart!!! It seems so sparkly...is it??? It almost looks like it's covered in beads!!!

Monica Gale said...

Gorgeous card Vicky, love your heart and I might case this with your permission of course Hugs xx.

Karen Giron said...

Vicki, this is gorgeous! I love that warm Crumb Cake color with the black and red - so delish!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, this is gorgeous girl~ LOVE that big red heart! It's beautiful! Fantastic card for the sketch!!!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Oohhhh!!!! Aaahhh!!!.. Vicki!!! This is GORGEOUS!!! Really GORGEOUS!!. and that heart!!.. So sparkly and fabulous.

xx SJ

Wendy J. said...

Simple and beautiful, Vicki! Perfect!

Marisa said...

Loved Linda's card as well :) Yours is wonderful as well! May have to case it for my DD's piano teacher.

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh how PRETTY!

Dana White said...

OHHH VIcki I love this!! The paper. the heart, the embossing it's absolutely STUNNING!!

Lynn Put said...

Gorgeous card Vicki! I love the layered glittery heart and big bow and the whole vintage look!

Beth said...

Very elegant Valentine Vicki! Can't wait to get my hands on some of that glitter paper from SU :)

Cheryl said...

I just found your blog and WOW!!! Love this card. I will follow you to the moon LOL

Linda Callahan said...

And I come here for inspiration :) Thanks for the shout out! Love the music background!