Cards For Sale

Sunday, January 16, 2011

SSSC100.....LOVE




GOOD SUNDAY MORNING PEEPS!!! It's my favorite time of the week, time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Sample

This is the fabulous sketch Karen has for us this week:





I flipped the sketch for my card, I rarely do that but, I did this time. I started my card with a base or rose red card stock. My card is a 5 inch square. I followed with a layer or whisper white and the designer paper is from the Stampin' Up Sweet & Sour Speciality Pack. I used a heart shaped paper doily for my circle element from the sketch.

The strip to the side is more rose red card stock with the edge punched with the pinking hearts border punch. The stamped sentiment is from the Stampin' Up Full of Love set. I masked off the "O" in the Love and added in the little Valentine girl from the Greeting Card Kids Stamp Set. I colored her with some pretty in pink, rose red, blush blossom and crumb cake ink. I added some whisper white satin ribbon and a pink button. I threaded some silver cord through the button and added a heart pin to the bow. I finished it off with some silver sticky pearls at each corner.




I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.

This will be Laura's last week of being on the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team, she is stepping back to have some more family time, we will miss her and her fabulous creations!


OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:

Karen-the Sweetest Thing

Jen-JenTapler Designs

Karen-Paper Playhouse

Laura-Scrapnextras

Lynn-The Queen's Scene

Sarah-Jane-Janeybell


Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

10 comments:

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

THis is gorgeous Vicki. I love how you've flipped the sketch. Everything about this is beautiful.

xx Sarah

Dawn Easton said...

Brilliant idea using that heart doily! LOVE it girl! Adorable card!

Karen Motz said...

I LOVE that you flipped the sketch...otherwise we might not have gotten this gorgeous card to drool over today!!! The heart doily is such a clever addition!!!

Shelley said...

Oh, how adorable! I am loving that you are loving the Greeting Card Kids so much! I get to see all your fabulous ideas! Where on Earth did you find the heart doily?

Linda McClain said...

Oh Vicki, it's so adorable!

Colleen Begley said...

YIKES, Vicki!! Everything about this card is fabulous! The flipped layout looks great.

Lynn Put said...

Oh my gosh Vicki this is sooooo stinkin cute!!! I love how you flipped the sketch and the way you used the sweet Valentine girl for your "O" is brilliant!

Wendy said...

Now I REALLY LOVE THIS! Awesome colors and that heart doily just makes it all pop! Love, love, love this! :)

Cindy Beach said...

Your cards with this sweet girl, just keep getting better and better! This one is fabulous, so clever placing her in the word. Love it!

LeAnne said...

Love love love this! CUte as can be!