Cards For Sale

Sunday, December 19, 2010

SSSC97.....Merry





GOOD SUNDAY MORNING PEEPS!!! It's my favorite time of the week, time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Sample

This is the fabulous sketch Karen has for us this week:




This is actually the second card made with this sketch, the first one ended up in the circular file! Sometimes I just try to hard and then I end up with a big ol mess! If I would just stick to what I know and what I do, I would end up with something I like better! LOL!!! The only change I made on this sketch was to flip the bottom element to the opposite side.

I again reached for a stamp set I have used over and over again lately, the Stampin' Up Greeting Card Kids set!!! I stamped the little Christmas girl, (that I have named "Holly" and she was born on Christmas Eve, several years ago and her Mother's name is Merry and she was also born on Christmas eve but I digress), onto some very vanilla card stock with black stazon. I colored her with my aqua painter and some ink from my ink pads. I used Cherry Cobbler, soft suede, crumb cake, more mustard, blush blossom and always artichoke. The base of the card is a piece of early espresso card stock, 6-1/2 by 6-1/2 inches folded in half. I used very vanilla card stock to matt my DS paper which is from the Deck the Halls pack. I matted my image with some early espresso card stock and also used early espresso for the scallop strip across the bottom. I then used some of the SU crochet trim above the scallop piece and made a bow. The little "Merry" sentiment come from the Tiny Tags stamp set and is pinched out with my jewelry tag punch. The sentiment works well for this card, for Holly anyway, because the card is for her mother Merry and also wishes her a Merry Christmas!!!

I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.

OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:

Karen-the Sweetest Thing

Jen-JenTapler Designs

Karen-Paper Playhouse

Laura-Scrapnextras

Lynn-The Queen's Scene

Sarah-Jane-Janeybell


Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

8 comments:

Lynn Put said...

This is beautiful Vicki! The lace trim, tiny tag and your coloring on this sweet image all look fabulous! I really wish I had gotten this stamp set after seeing all of your pretty cards that you've created with it.

PocketsOfInspiration said...

Precious.

Karen Motz said...

This is incredibly sweet Vicki!! Love the music paper with that darling image!!!

Karen Giron said...

This is darling! I love the vintage feel with the lace and brown papers. She's just so cute!

Connie Collins said...

OK Vicki, no wonder the first card ended in the trash...you were too busy day dreaming about Holly and her mother Merry to concentrate on what you were stamping! :)
This card is absolutely adorable! Hooray for second chances. Isn't it wonderful that it is only paper and if we don't like it, we can keep trying until we do! Cyber Hugs and a Very Merry Christmas!

Wendy said...

Your card is sooo cute, Vicki! I know how much you love this set but every card you make with it is gorgeous! I'm so jealous of your watercoloring! Nice job on the challenge card!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Adorable Vicki! Love that little image with the musical panels! Wonderful Christmas card!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous card, Vicki! Love the addition of the lace! Pretty!