Cards For Sale

Sunday, November 7, 2010

SSSC92.......The Nicest Things




GOOD SUNDAY MORNING PEEPS!!! It's my favorite time of the week, time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Sample

This is the fabulous sketch Karen has for us this week:



I started my card with a base of Concord Crush card stock. I used the SU Scallop Square clear die for the next layer using pretty in pink. The DS paper I used is from the Lap of Luxury paper pack. I stamped the girls from the "The Nicest Thing" stamp set onto watercolor paper with black stazon. I colored with my aqua painter and ink pads.

I just received these fabulous prima flowers, a gift from a friend, and they were the starting point for this whole card. I was excited when I got them and knew they would match this paper perfectly. Aren't they purty??? I added a few small pearls and called it done. No sentiment on this one, which is something I rarely leave off, but when I was making this, it just came together without one.

I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.

OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:

Karen-the Sweetest Thing

Jen-JenTapler Designs is taking this week off, but go by and give her some love anyway.

Karen-Paper Playhouse

Laura-Scrapnextras

Lynn-The Queen's Scene

Sarah-Jane-Janeybell

Joanne Basile-just a little something....


Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

12 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

The whole card is gorgeous...that image is so sweet and coloured perfectly! Love your purty roses!!

Hristovica said...

Oh so cute ... I like it very much
:)

Lesley said...

SO purty!! I love the scalloped square! This is beautifully put together!
Smiles,
Lesley

Dawn Easton said...

So so sweet, Vicki! Such an adorable card girl!

Wendy said...

Very pretty, Vicki!! Love the image, papers and of course those beautiful roses! Nice job!

Lynn Put said...

Vicki this is so sweet! The image, the colors and these roses are all so pretty!

Karen Motz said...

Swoon!!!! Your watercolouring is so gorgeous and those sweet little roses are the perfect touch!!!!

Kris McIntosh said...

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous.

Kathy Martin said...

It's adorable! Love the trio of paper flowers....nice touch! :)

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Oohhh those ROSES!!! and your colouring.. BEAUTIFUL!!

xx Sarah

Rhonda Langley said...

Beautiful colors! Love this image and those flowers just make the card!

Karen Giron said...

Oh Vicki! What a darling image and the group of roses - GASP!!! Gorgeous!!!