Cards For Sale

Sunday, October 10, 2010

SSSC88....Because I Care




GOOD SUNDAY MORNING PEEPS!!! It's my favorite time of the week, time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Sample

This is the fabulous sketch Karen has for us this week:





The base of my card is Cajun Craze and The DS paper I used is from the Autumn Spice paper pack. I stamped the leaf from the Growing Green stamp set onto water color paper with black stazon. I colored the leaf in with my aqua painter and some more mustard and cajun craze ink from my ink pads. I outlined the whole image with some crumb cake ink. From the first time I spotted this stamp set in the catalog I have been imagining this leaf done in some glorious fall colors, I love it! After finishing the coloring, I ran it through my cuttlebug with the square lattice embossing folder. I matted it with cajun craze card stock. The sentiment is from the Because I care stamp set. I added some very vanilla ribbon and the center brad is from the antique brads. I used the scallop edge punch along the edge first with very vanilla and then with a piece of the DS paper from the same pack.


I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.

OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:

Karen-the Sweetest Thing

Jen-JenTapler Designs on vacation this week!

Karen-Paper Playhouse

Laura-Scrapnextras

Lynn-The Queen's Scene

Sarah-Jane-Janeybell

Joanne Basile-just a little something....


Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

19 comments:

Wendy said...

OMWord...another beauty, Vicki! I love this color and the sketch this week! So rich & elegant too! Fabo job, sweetie!

Happy Sunday! Hugs~

Debbie said...

You win! The whole sketch team always provides a lot of great inspiration for Karen's sketch, but generally speaking there is one that wows me more than the others. Today, that would be your card. It is perfect! I especially love the way you did the scalloped border.

Karen Giron said...

GORGEOUS!! I love how that lattice embossing folder creates a beautiful canvas! WOW! The double scallops are a beautiful touch and the ribbon and brad are FAB!

Dawn Easton said...

Girl, this is AMAZING! A seriously beautiful piece of artwork! Love the double scallops, the watercolouring, the embossing on the image, your ribbon....well dang...the whole darn thing! ha!

Unknown said...

This is just stunning, what a cool effect the embossing creates. Amazing details!

Lynn Put said...

Wow this is gorgeous Vicki!!! Everything about your card is wonderful! I love how you stamped and embossed your main image, love the colors, brad and layered scallops!

Marisa said...

This is gorgeous card, Vicki! Love the embossed focal image and yoru DP is great. Lovely use of this great sketch. Can't wait to play along this week :)

Wendy J. said...

Gorgeous, Vicki! I love the way you embossed the main image!

Unknown said...

Vicki:
These are the most beautiful creations...your talent is phenomenal!

Wanda Cullen said...

Vicki, this card is gorgeous as always! Love the colors and texture!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

A-MAZING card!!!!!!
love the colors and the image !!
tfs:)

barb mann said...

I LOVE how you embossed it after you colored the image. Totally Cool! I think this is a super sketch.

Allison said...

This is gorgeous! Love the colours and the embossing too!

Karen Motz said...

LOVE this!!! The colours are so earthy and calming and the image is coloured beautifully!!!!

Lori Ingebritson said...

I adore this card! I'd love to case it!! I think it is stunning!!

Christina said...

WOW! This is a real stunner, Vicki! You have painted this image beautifully, and the background dp is wonderful. I love it!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

GORGEOUS!!!! Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I can't even pick my favourite part.. because I LOVE it all!!

xx Sarah

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Oh Vicky!!! I am finally getting around to seeing your SSSC creation and how sad that I have missed this creation for so long! I just love the embossing folder you used...I want it badly now! Your colouring is amazing and the ribbon and fancy brad...perfection. This definitely becomes my new favorite of your creations!! Bravo!

Lois said...

You are knocking my socks off with all your BEAUTIFUL creations and this is just another awesome example. Simply BEAUTIFUL!