Cards For Sale

Monday, October 4, 2010

Monochromatic In Colors



Edited to add :The altered junior notepads was made with the directions found HERE, by the fabulous Nancy Riley!

I get my JR legal notepads at Office Max and they will cut them in half for a small fee, like a dollar, if I am remembering correctly.



Good Monday Morning Peeps!!! Today I have some fun little projects to share with you and a special announcement. Last week I received an e-mail from Mary Jo asking if I would like to be the first ever Guest Design Team Member for the month of October for LateNightStampers. I was thrilled and of course I said YES!! This weeks challenge is Challenge 90 -- They are in for 2010/11--use our new in colors.



I have to admit I haven't played with the new in colors much, I think with all the new color changes this year, I have just overlooked the incolors a bit, in favor of some of the other colors, so this was a good challenge for me.

I knew right away that I wanted to make some gift sets, I like to have some on hand for unexpected occasions, birthdays, thank yous, whatever. I have really been enjoying making these little altered junior legal note pads. I added a matching card and a bookmark/paperclip and you have a nice little gift set.

Inside pic with bookmark/paperclip tucked into the little pocket.


I went monochromatic with these and that fits the challenge this week at
The Paper Players Challenge Blog. I used three of the new in colors, Poppy Parade, Concord Crush and Peach Parfait. The designer series paper is from the Level 1 hostess 6x6 paper pack. I used the Cherry Blossom Embosslit for the flower on the notepad and on the bookmark. I added a sticky pearl to the center of the flower. The sentiment "just a little note" is from the Apple Blossom stamp set and the sentiments on the cards come from the Occasional Quotes hostess set and the Curly Cute stamp set.

Concord Crush Set:



Peach Parfait Set:



Well, that is all from me today, thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!

Vicki

13 comments:

Vickie Steele said...

I just found your site-congratulation on being the newest
design person! I'm enjoying your neat projects.

Dawn Easton said...

Congrats Vicki! Your project turned out amazing!

Juliet said...

Vickie, where do you find your notepads?

Wendy said...

Gosh, these are awesome! I love the different color sets and the paper clip flowers..Nice job on these, Vicki!!
Oh and Congrats on becoming a Guest Team Member....you so deserve this honor!! :)

Wendy J. said...

These are all wonderful, Vicki! I love monochromatic!

Ann Schach said...

These are adorable! They look fabulous in monochromatic! Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week!

Nance Leedy said...

These are ADORABLE! Love the gift idea and the DO look fabulous with the in colors. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

Rhonda Langley said...

These are fabulous! Great gift ideas! Love your use of the paper pack for these!

LeAnne said...

Perfect little gifts...sweet, simple, easy and they pack a punch! The In Colors this year have not been as appealing to me as in the past....although with projects like this, they're growing on me! Thanks so much for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Stamp with Sandy said...

These are too cute!!! I just saw them on Stampin' Connection. Where did you find the notepads for this project? I've been looking for them for other projects.

Thanks for sharing!

Sandy

Lesley said...

Hi Vicki,
I admire your creations so much! These are simply adorable and I love that you used the In Colours. I actually am in love with the In Colours this year, first time I have bought them all!!! Thanks for joining the Paper Players this week.
Lesley

jaydee said...

Vicki - congrats on your guest designer spot at Latenightstampers. Very well deserved!
I love this project. I'm so pleased that you featured the in colors. I don't think we look at them as often as we should. I love the way you treated the inside of the note pads. Great project!
Thanks for joining the Paper Players again this week.
Jaydee

Linda Callahan said...

These are all beautiful - the colors shine on their own!