Cards For Sale

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Halloween Punched Art Blog Hop




Good Wednesday Morning Peeps, and welcome to the Halloween Punched Art Blog Hop!!!

I am very excited to share my "Punchy Alien Robot" with you. When I first started thinking about joining the blog hop, I wondered about what to make and I started looking through the SU catalog for some inspiration and came across the "Greetings Earthlings" stamp set and thought I could make a robot from punches. So I went to work and came up with this cute little fellow. After I got him made I decided that I wanted to add him to a test tube candy holder. I used a pattern from Lisa Sommerville.

For the robot you will need the following punches:

Body & Head: Key Tag, (retired, you could sub an oval) trim off top for the body and for the head cut in half and use the corner rounder punch to round out the cut corners.
Neck, Legs and Arms: Word Window Punch, trimmed
Claws: small star punch
Eyes: 1/2 inch circle, owl punch
Body Gears: slot punch and 1/4 inch punch
Mouth is an end of the word window
The feet are just small rectangles and the antenna is a very thin strip and another end of the word window, all old olive is sponged with old olive ink.


My next project is a Halloween Easel Card:



The Jack-O-Lantern, the Ghost and the Bat are all made with punches, these are not my original idea, they are very widely done around blogland. They are just toooo cute tho, so I had to try them out. The pumpkin is made from the 1 3/8 inch circle punch and the ghost and bat is made with the owl punch. The bat wings are made with the large oval and 3/4 inch circle punch.

OK let's check out what the rest of the participants have made:

Paper Punch Addiction

Blinkin', Thinkin', & Inkin'

Kelli's Korner

Northwest Stamper

Ink Paper Stamps

Gwen's Paper Expressions

Stamping My Life Away

Gettin' Crafty

Krafty Kates Kupboard

Brenda's Stamping Corner

Beth-A-Palooza

Bonnie's Creative Place

Craft Choas

Stampin' With Heather

Well, thanks so much for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

16 comments:

Jeanette said...

Cute indeed. thanks for the ideas and how to's.

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

LOL, these are super cute, Vicki! My faves are the robot and the owl punch bat--too much fun. . . .

Kim said...

awesome projects Vicki! TFS

Whimcees said...

Hello!

You are all wonderful! This blog hop is so much fun - I love seeing all of your fantastic creations! Thank you for sharing once again a great punch project! :<)

Wishing you a happy day today!

Barbara Diane

Hetty said...

Love the robot project! Just too cute and your easel card is bvery lovely.

Tania said...

Love your creations

creations by jackie said...

Love your easel card. So scarious. Gives me lots of ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Marisa said...

Love the robot and the candy holder! Great card too. You are on a roll, GF :)

Tammy said...

Super Super cute!

Kathy Martin said...

What fun and yummy Halloween projects! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, those are so cute! I love the projects you have on here - I'll have to come back for inspiration for sure!

Angelica Suarez said...

Oh my goodness gracious, that is the most adorable ROBOT ever!!! I love your easel card too! You did a fantastic job, and I love the lil' PK faces on your ghost and pumpkin too! 'Course I'm biased. ;) GREAT JOB!! ~ Angelica :)

Lynn Put said...

Vicki these are adorable Halloween punch art projects!!! So cute!

Anonymous said...

Love the fence and spider web boarders... how did you do them??!! Fantastic

The Inked Stamper said...

SO CUTE! I couldnt' even pick a favorite! Going to have to go make that robot, so guess he's my fav! TFS!
You may like my Halloween banner I made today: http://theinkedstamper.blogspot.com/2010/09/hi-everyone-2-days-in-row-ive-made-3d.html
Dawn
ps love your blog!

Lois said...

Love both projects, but really LOVE the Robot! The card is too cute also, but my favorite is the robot!