Cards For Sale

Sunday, August 29, 2010

SSSC83.......Thankful Thoughts




GOOD SUNDAY MORNING PEEPS!!! It's my favorite time of the week, time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Sample

This week we're going to start a series of sketches drawn by Nancy McKinney,(you know, THE Nancy McKinney - TE illustrator extraordinaire), and she will be playing along with us too!! Here is the first one:






I started my card with a base of always artichoke and I followed that with some very vanilla card stock. I then used some of the fun wood sheets that I sponged with some chocolate chip ink. The scallop is made with my nesties in always artichoke and the middle with very vanilla. I stamped the sentiment from the Grateful Greetings set with artichoke ink. I cut three leaves from the leaves #2 die, one in tangerine, more mustard and artichoke. I used the square lattice embossing folder on them and sponged them with the same color ink. I used buttons for the strip across the card, I attached them with a needle and some ecru crochet thread. I used a button on the more mustard leaf as well. I added antique brads in each corner.

I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.



OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:

Karen-the Sweetest Thing

Jen-JenTapler Designs

Karen-Paper Playhouse

Laura-Scrapnextras

Lynn-The Queen's Scene

Nancy-iStamp not playing for a while, but go by and give her some love.

Sarah-Jane-Janeybell

Joanne Basile-just a little something....

and sketch designer:


Nancy McKinney-Card Worthy



Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki


11 comments:

Lynn Put said...

Wonderful fall card Vicki! The layered embossed leaves and wood back ground paper with all of these fun buttons looks amazing!

Lori Ingebritson said...

Very much enjoying and following you from SC. lori

Karen Motz said...

This is so sweet Vicki!!!!! The embossed leaves are gorgeous!!!!!

Pam Speidel said...

Beautiful autumn card Vicki! Love the texture and that row of buttons is genious!

Joanne Travis said...

Love the textured leaves!! So pretty, Vicki.

Lois said...

Great card, great take on the sketch. Love the bottons and all the different textures you got goin on your card.

Lesley said...

This is SO beautiful Vicki! I love the sketch and hope I can play along this week!
Smiles,
Lesley

Debi said...

Love your card. Gets me all in the mood for hot apple cider. :>

Wendy J. said...

Gorgeous! Love it, Vicki!

Rhonda Langley said...

What a great idea cutting the leaves out of the textured paper! Love it!

Karen Giron said...

Oh Vicki! I'm loving those textured leaves and the fall colors make me crave Chai tea and that wonderful fall weather. Love this!