Cards For Sale

Sunday, July 18, 2010

SSSC78.....Because I Care





GOOD SUNDAY MORNING PEEPS!!! It's my favorite time of the week, time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Sample

Here is the fabulous sketch Karen has for us this week:




Love this new Pear Pizzazz in color from SU! I used it for the base of my 5 inch square card. I followed it up with some chocolate chip card stock and then the DS paper is from the Greenhouse Gala paper pack.

For my main image panel I used the Watercolor Trio stamp set. I used pumpkin pie and pear pizzazz to color the flowers and stamped them several times before re-inking. I matted the image with chocolate chip. The next layer is more pear pizzazz that I embossed with the square lattice EF. I added a chocolate chip strip behind that and a chocolate chip photo corner under the embossed piece. The sentiment is from the Because I Care stamp set. I stamped it with chocolate chip ink onto whisper white and punched it out with my large oval punch and matted with the scallop oval punch. I then punched a flower with the retired 3 flower punch and added a white brad a added that to the sentiment piece. I used a new punch for the butterfly, a MS punch, I used some of the DS paper from the same pack and added pearls down the center. I finished it off with some chocolate chip satin ribbon.

I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.



OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:

Karen-the Sweetest Thing

Jen-JenTapler Designs

Karen-Paper Playhouse

Laura-Scrapnextras

Lynn-The Queen's Scene

Nancy-iStamp

Sarah-Jane-Janeybell

Joanne Basile



Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

11 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful, Vicki! Love all that texture!

Lynn Put said...

Oh WOW this is gorgeous! The lacy butterfly, the colors, the embossing with this pretty bow...all so wonderful!

Marisa said...

Love it!! Great colour combo and that EF is perfect (top of my list too!) darling touch with the flower on the sentiment.

Lois said...

BEE-autiful!!!! Love the embossing folder texture, it's a great addition to your bee-autiful card. And I love the butterfly!

Connie Collins said...

This is beautiful...as always! Great use of the sketch!

Karen Giron said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the butterfly and pearls!

Kathy Martin said...

Pretty card! What a great butterfly! :)

Karen Motz said...

Gorgeous!!! The colours are so fresh and that butterfly is stunning!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply GORGEOUS Vicki!!! Love the Set and the fab butterfly :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Oh my, this is amazing! Love that butterfly punch and you make me want that stamp set really badly!!

Krista said...

You did a great job, it's so pretty !!!