Cards For Sale

Sunday, July 11, 2010

SSSC77.....No sentiment






GOOD SUNDAY MORNING PEEPS!!! It's my favorite time of the week, time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Sample

Here is the fabulous sketch Karen has for us this week:




I almost never make a card without a sentiment on the front, I find it really hard not to, but I couldn't make one work here and I started working on the rest of the card and before I knew it the card was together and I had NO sentiment! LOL!!! Too late now huh? I guess not every card needs one and if any one ask, I planned it that way, yea, that's right I didn't want a sentiment on the front.....that's my story and I am sticking to it!!!!

My card measures 3-1/2 inches by 6-1/4 inches. The base is chocolate chip and I followed that with baja breeze, so glad this color is BACK baby!!! The DS paper is from the Greenhouse Gala paper pack. I stamped the flower from the level 1 hostess set, Because I Care set, onto watercolor paper and with black stazon ink. I then used my aqua painter and baja and certainly celery ink to color the flower. I added some chocolate chip satin ribbon and a trinkets pin from my stash.

I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.



OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:

Karen-the Sweetest Thing

Jen-JenTapler Designs

Karen-Paper Playhouse

Laura-Scrapnextras

Lynn-The Queen's Scene

Nancy-iStamp

Sarah-Jane-Janeybell

Joanne Basile



Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

11 comments:

CherylAnn Robinson said...

what a pretty card. That stamp set is sooo versatile. Love it.

Lynn Put said...

Oh this is so pretty Vicki! Your coloring on the hydrangea looks fantastic and I really like the pin through the knot of the bow!

Karen Motz said...

This is beautiful Vicki!!! Your colouring is absolutely perfection!!!

Pam Speidel said...

WOW! Another BEAUTY Vicki! Especially love how you've colored the hydrangea. Unique and SO pretty! The pin is a great embellishment and it really doesn't need a sentiment. Perfect!

Nancy Riley said...

Beautiful job, Vicki! I like cards with no sentiments! ... keeps the options open! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous DP and colouring of the flower. Great use of the sketch too.

Karen Giron said...

WOW!!! This is amazing - love the color combo and the coloring on your hydrangea! Love it!!

Rhonda Langley said...

Very lovely! Love the colors on the flower!

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply beautiful Vicki!!!! This new SU image looks perfect with the Sketch...love it!!! Hugs ~S~

Lois said...

Another awesome card. No sentiment is needed, a person can stamp one on the inside, that makes it so versitile. Your coloring is fabulous.