Cards For Sale

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Curtain Call....My Heart is With You





Happy Tuesday Peeps!!! Today's card is made with Stacey's Curtain Call Color Challenge Act 28 This weeks colors are Rose Red, Whisper White, Kraft and Night of Navy! Great colors huh? Love them!

I started my card with a base of kraft (soon to be re-named Crumb Cake). I followed that with night of navy and the DS paper is from the "Bella Bleu" paper pack. I stamped the flower from "Friends 24-7" onto watercolor paper, twice and colored with my aqua painter and rose red and always artichoke ink. I cut out one flower and set aside. I cut out the outer flower with my oval nesties and matted them onto a night of navy scallop oval. I cut the other flower apart and mounted it to the oval framed one, to add some dimension.

The strip across the bottom is made up of night of navy and kraft. I used the scallop trim punch on the kraft piece and ran it through my cuttlebug with my Swiss Dot EF. I added some whisper white ribbon and bow with taffeta ribbon. I then mounted the flower scallop frame to the base with dimesionals. I used some sticky back white pearls along the scallop edge and in the top corners.

The sentiment comes from the "Small Sayings" stamp set. I stamped it with black stazon onto some scrap watercolor paper and used my word window punch to punch it out.

I LOVE to decorate the inside and really NO card is finished until I do that.


The inside:



Well, that is all from me today, thanks so much fr stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

8 comments:

Marisa said...

Fabulous work with this week's colours, Vicki! Love the pop of red in the flowers against the NON and Kraft. Lovely card!

Kathy Martin said...

Beautiful card inside and out! Love the flowers and adhesive pearls! :)

Stacey Schafer said...

so beautiful, Vicki! love the pop of (rose) red:) thanks so much for playing the Curtain Call, dearie!

Lois said...

Just Gorgeous. I like how you finished off the inside also.

Lea L. said...

Very beautiful card!! Great job finishing the inside! Thanks for joining us at the curtain call this week!

♥♥♥Lea

Dawn Easton said...

STUNNING, Vicki! LOVE THIS GIRL!

Sue said...

Another stunning creation vicki!! you have used the colours to perfection- saving the rose red just for the flowers- brilliant! thanks for playing along with us at curtain call this week! :)

Shelley said...

Yeah...I'm in love with all your cards, Vicki. This is just another example. You really did a super job with this stamp and the dimension you gave it. Love the inside as much as the outside!