Cards For Sale

Sunday, February 21, 2010

SSSC57 You Crack me Up!



Good Sunday Morning Peeps!! My favorite time of the week is here, time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!

I have to pinch myself every week to believe that I am on this fabulous sketch team with some really talented stampers!!! This week's sketch is a dosey, and there has been alot of talk back and forth among some of the sketch team about this one!! LOL!!!

Here is the sketch:



I didn't know immediately what to do with this sketch but after thinking about it a bit decide on DS paper for those BG strips. I like the end result. Then the big dilemma what to use for my focal point. I knew it needed to be fun and funky to go with the DS paper, something I am not good with, give me some pretty flowers any day, but I am trying to break out of my comfort zone! I finally landed on this little ducky from the SU "Animal Crackers" set. He is cute right? And very fitting I might add as the sketch was a bit of a "quack up"!!!! :)

the inside:




Well, that is all from me I hope you can find some time to play along this week.

Be sure to visit each of the Sweet Sunday Stampers below for more samples using this weeks sketch!



Karen-the Sweetest Thing

Jen-JenTapler Designs

Karen-Paper Playhouse

Laura-Scrapnextras

Lynn-The Queen's Scene

Nancy-iStamp

Sarah-Jane-Janeybell

Thanks for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

15 comments:

Karen Giron said...

This is SO cute, Vicki!!! WAY better than my circus card - haha! Love that paper and your image is adorable!!! Fantastic job on this doozie of a challenge.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Totally sweet Vicki! Love your those papers, and that image is adorable! Beautifull card, inside and out!

Jen Tapler said...

Yep - PERFECT!! I love those papers and I love the gradation of color from dark on bottom to light on top (not sure if you did that intentionally, but it's very striking). THIS is how that sketch was intended to be used!

Anne Laflamme said...

wow... it's so cute.... bravo

Karen Motz said...

How sweet is this!?! I love how you did the ribbon strip and the sweet little duckie is adorable!

Lynn Put said...

You crack me up Vicki! This is so cute with the fun new papers and this sweet image! I love the way you did your ribbon and bow!

Stacey Schafer said...

super cute, Vicki!

Nancy Riley said...

OMG! Your ribbon treatment couldn't be cuter, and your choice of dp patterns & colors is perfection! LOVE IT, VICKI!

Marisa said...

This sketch has me scratching my head - wowsers! Great job with it :D

Reina said...

This is so darn cute! Love the little duck and the ribbon treatment is
Da Bomb sista ! TFS :)

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is so cute!! I love the paper that you chose!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Super cute Vicki. You've done a wonderful job with the sketch. The papers are perfect and the inside is AMAZING too. Great job.

xx Sarah

Michele Kovack said...

This is super cute!!!! Love your take on this sketch!

Lea L. said...

How cute is that little duck!! Love it! Great job with the sketch!

♥♥♥Lea

Krista said...

Cute card !!!