Cards For Sale

Sunday, October 18, 2009

SSSC40 Ready, Set Snow!



Happy Sunday Peeps!!

It is that time of the week, my favorite, time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!!

Here is our sketch for this week:



I was a bit freaked out when I saw it!! I went searching through my stamps to see what I had that would work with those small circles. I found my "Snow Flurries" set, it is retired, but knew when I saw it what I wanted to do.

I stamped several of the snow images onto scrap night of navy and bashful blue with versmark and then embossed with white embossing powder. I used my 3/4 inch and 1 inch circle punches for these. Then I went looking for a sentiment and found this one in the "Best Wishes and More" set. I also used the large snowflake stamp from this set for my BG.

I have to apologize for my not so crisp sentiment, I stamped and embossed it several times, I was running out of night of navy cardstock, and just couldn't get it much better than this. My daughter says it looks fine, she said it looks like it is snowing around the sentiment. So lets just go with that ok? LOL!!!!

So why not join us with this sketch, we would love to see what you come up with.
So join in on the fun and create a card using Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch, then go to Karen's blog and link your card so all of us can see your creation!




Be sure to visit each of the Sweet Sunday Stampers below for more samples using this weeks sketch


Karen-the Sweetest Thing

Jen-JenTapler Designs

Karen-Paper Playhouse

Laura-Scrapnextras

Lynn-The Queen's Scene

Nancy-iStamp

Sarah-Jane-Janeybell


Thanks for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

11 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Totally fabulous Vicki! Love what you did with the sketch and your choice of colours and stamps couldn't be more perfect! Fabulous card!

Karen Giron said...

Lovely!! I love your color combo - you did such a fabulous job with the sketch and Snow Flurries is perfect! I think your sentiment looks just fine too :)

Jen Tapler said...

ooooh, fabulous job!! Love the snowflakes and especially the color combo!!

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, this is beautiful! When I saw the layout I thought of those snowflakes too ;) GMTA?!
I think the sentiment looks great like that!
Gorgeous holiday card, my friend!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Vicki this is gorgeous. The colours, the stamp... perfect. And your sentiment... perfect too.

xx Sarah

Lynn Put said...

OMG your card is fabulous! All I can say is great minds think alike, lol! I love the embossing and stamped snowflake back ground!

Pam Speidel said...

LOVE this! I was a little freaked when I saw this sketch too, but you've all inspired me to give it a try! :) Have a SWEET Sunday Vicki!

Karen Motz said...

This is so cool and wintery all in shades of blue...LOVE it!!!

Sara said...

Love it!!!!

Debbie McPherson said...

Love the card....looks like you!

Gardenia said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the colours